The Living Learning Community (LLC) program is a unique, transformational experience for students to live and learn with their peers — creating a bond through common values and interests. Each LLC intentionally connects four pillars for success: a central theme, academic courses, growth and engagement opportunities as well as service learning hours.
As part of an LLC, you will:
- Cultivate a sense of belonging, purpose, and connection.
- Gain an understanding of what it means to achieve independence.
- Plan for the goals you would like to accomplish over the next four years.
- Take courses and attend events focused on the community's theme.
- Learn about and leverage UWEC’s many campus resources.
- Have access to unique volunteer opportunities.
- Engage in opportunities to interact with faculty.
- Lead within and contribute to the overall dynamic of the LLC.
- Fulfill half of your UWEC Service Learning requirements.
Choose your community
How do I join?
I already applied for housing
If you have already submitted your UWEC Housing Application, you can make changes to your LLC preferences in the Housing Portal until May 1.
I have not applied for housing
If you have not applied for housing yet but have been accepted to the University, complete your online housing application.
IMPORTANT! Students interested in the Honors LLC must be accepted into the University Honors Program.
NOTE: While you are in the online housing application, you'll be prompted to complete the section about Living Learning Communities. If you have a specific person in mind as a roommate, make sure they apply for the same Living Learning Community.