The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's digital marketing analytics certificate prepares students for successful careers in digital marketing. The certificate is available to all UW-Eau Claire students and is an excellent addition to any major.
Throughout the program, you'll examine the intersection of marketing and technology, studying various digital marketing issues such as technological foundations, business implications, retail, sales and promotional implications, especially those associated with social, legal and ethical implications. Coursework will require you to take analytical approaches to marketing decisions as well as learn tools and databases used in the field today.
The program is intentionally designed so you can learn the areas of digital marketing that most interest you or align with your career goals. Explore courses in integrated marketing communications, marketing research, retail management, strategic marketing and advanced marketing analytics.
Real-world experience. As part of the digital marketing analytics certificate, you'll participate in an internship or work experience in a real digital marketing position. This firsthand experience can help you build your leadership skills, make connections, discover best practices and round out your resume.
Training on industry-standard tools. Coursework throughout the program will introduce you to industry-standard software and databases, including Nielsen retail databases. Through unique assignments and projects, you'll explore topics like internet marketing, customer relationship management, retail and survey/statistical analyses.
- Digital Marketing Fundamentals
- Marketing Analytics and Technology
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research
- Retail Management
- Advanced Marketing Analytics
- Strategic Marketing
Learn more about the digital marketing analytics certificate in the UWEC course catalog.
Students must earn a minimum of 100 points from the external certifications. Students must contact Dr. Kate Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a list of external certifications and approval.
Students must provide evidence of internship or work experience in digital marketing positions for either a profit or a nonprofit organization while completing the BBA degree. Typically, students should have a minimum of 120 hours of experience. Students should consult with Dr. Md Rokonuzzaman (email@example.com) to verify whether their industry experience meets the criteria.
Students are required to submit:
- A resume.
- A letter of recommendation from an organization advisor/supervisor. The letter of recommendation should include the title of the position, number of hours of work performed, the job responsibilities and an assessment of the work performance of the student.
- A reflection paper (two to four pages, single-spaced, 12-point font) that reflects on their work experiences related to digital marketing. The following components should be included:
- Outline your work experience related to digital marketing and digital marketing analytics, including job responsibilities, skills learned, project descriptions and problems encountered.
- Describe how you met each of the listed goals with measurable performance (e.g., KPIs).
- Describe what you learned from the work experience.
- Describe the academic concepts and skills covered in classes that you used or observed being used during the internship. Describe any academic concepts or skills not covered in classes that you used or observed being used during internship.
Students must declare the digital marketing analytics certificate at the advising office and submit an e-form with their resume, letter of recommendation and reflection paper.
UWEC assessment exit exam
After students submit their applications, candidates for the certificate must pass the assessment exam at least four weeks before finals week in each semester. Students have up to two attempts to pass the exit exam in total.
This certificate can be combined with other COB majors, including some management and marketing majors. Please see the list of approved major/minor combinations within a single department that satisfy university academic concentration requirements.
Thinking about earning a certificate in digital marketing analytics? Here are other programs you may be interested in exploring.
- Business Administration
- Communication - Communication Studies Emphasis
- Communication - Organizational Communication Emphasis
- Integrated Strategic Communication - Advertising Emphasis
- Integrated Strategic Communication - Public Relations Emphasis
- International Business
- Marketing - Analytics Emphasis
- Marketing - Professional Sales Emphasis