Take your business education and career to the next level with a master’s in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, offered through the University of Wisconsin MBA Consortium. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) — a prestigious rating earned by less than 5% of the world’s business programs — our renowned online program allows you to complete the degree when it's convenient for you.
Throughout the program you’ll develop your leadership skills, learn strategies for managing the day-to-day operations of an organization and discuss how global agreements and changing technologies affect the conduct of business. Classes cover a variety of topics, allowing you to explore new industries or build on previous experience.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked the University of Wisconsin MBA Consortium program among the top 10 programs in the nation in its Best Online MBA Programs rankings. We take pride in the quality and innovative style of our program. Our faculty are trained in how to best teach online classes, and class sizes are kept small to encourage a personalized education.
Whether you’ve been in the workforce for years or have just completed your undergraduate degree, our master’s in business administration degree is designed for you.
Working to make your education affordable is very important to us. We are here to walk you through the financial aid process and make applying for aid and paying your bill as easy as possible. To get this process started, please contact our staff at Blugold Central — our one-stop shop for tuition and financial aid.
Learn more about our financial aid process at UWEC.
MBA program details
- Program length: 2.5-3 years
- Offered: 100% online
- Credits: 36
- Cost: $800 per credit
- Average class size: 25
Your classmates at a glance
- Average age: 33
- Average undergraduate GPA: 3.3
- 75% have non-business undergrad degree
- 24% have another advanced degree
The University of Wisconsin MBA Consortium is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Wisconsin is a SARA state (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement) and the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is a SARA-approved institution.
Program flexibility. Many of our students work full-time jobs, juggling busy schedules and families. With this in mind, all of our courses are offered completely online, with no campus visits required. In addition, you have seven years from the date of enrollment to complete your degree, allowing you to complete the program at your own pace.
Electives designed to fit your career. While some MBA programs only offer preselected courses, here you can choose electives that align with your personal ambitions and interests. Choose from courses oriented around communication, leadership, marketing, international business and more.
Diversity in the classroom. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, averaging over eight years of work experience before beginning the program. Students represent over 35 states and 75% have non-business undergraduate degrees, meaning no matter your location or education, you will fit right in.
Graduates of the MBA program leave with enhanced skills, additional tools and more connections, well-prepared to advance their career. With a well-rounded and diverse curriculum, our alumni can be found in a variety of roles and industries, including academia, finance, healthcare, technology and communications.
Where are MBA alumni now?
- National promotions manager, General Motors Corp., Michigan
- Economist, U.S. Government, Wisconsin
- Assistant professor of management, University of Washington, Washington
- Computer operations manager, Madeline Island Ferry Line, Wisconsin
- News editor, Business Wire, Arizona
Our highly accredited program expands on your foundation in business, with a focus on building leadership and organization strategy skills. The comprehensive courses will allow you to build on existing experience and prepare you for management and leadership roles, making you an even more qualified and sought-after candidate. Electives, including classes focused on health care administration and project management, allow you to take courses that are relevant to you and your career goals.
- Leading a Diverse and Dynamic Workforce
- Making Informed Managerial Decisions
- Developing New Products and Services
- Competing Strategically in a Global Environment
- Navigating Change amid Uncertainty
Learn more about the master's in business administration degree in the UWEC course catalog.
Learn more about the UW MBA Consortium curriculum and electives.
To enroll in our MBA program, please submit an application. You will also need to include:
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two from professional references.
- Your resume.
- Official transcripts from every college and university you have attended.
- Official scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- If your native language is not English, you must also submit current (taken within the last two years) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores.
Learn more about the UW MBA Consortium admission requirements and application process.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Satisfactory completion of MBA program course prerequisites.
- Acceptable Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score.