The IEP at UWEC offers international students quality intensive academic English language instruction; provides a cultural orientation to the United States while developing intercultural communication skills; and fosters the attitudes, habits, and skills necessary for success in higher education at UWEC and elsewhere.
In support of fulfilling this mission, we also:
- provide excellent English language learning student support and advising,
- create opportunities for intercultural communication and positive educational experiences for both international and domestic,
- attract, retain and advocate for international students.
- promote an improved, inclusive campus climate for intercultural learning,
- commit to our own professional development and to evidence-based teaching,
- serve as a resource for faculty, staff, and students interested in the internationalization of our campus, in international or intercultural education, or the teaching of ESL.
The IEP Program meets and exceeds International Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)'s Standards for Postsecondary Programs as well as NAFSA's Principles of International Educational Exchange.
Want to learn more? Please reach out to us!