CultureFest, formerly known as International Folk Fair, is an annual cultural event at UW-Eau Claire.
CultureFest brings together people with diverse cultural backgrounds from around the world. Student organizations and community groups in Eau Claire city come to demonstrate their local culture, customs, and cuisine during a day full of fun and excitement! Come celebrate with us!
2022 Participating Organizations
- Bizhiki Culture and Dance Company - Main Performance (https://www.bizhikiculture.com/about)
- Baha'i Faith
- CC We Adapt
- Chippewa Valley Irish Dance
- Chippewa Valley Museum
- Chippewa Valley Postcard Project
- Czechia / Slovakia
- Midwest Institute of Scandinavian Culture
- Minnesota Taiwanese Foundation
- Race Amity Interfaith Network
- Sons of Norway
- Swan Lake Ballet Studio - Ukrainian
- Waldemar Ager Association
- Wisconsin / Nicaragua Partners
- African Student Association
- Baltic States
- The Council on Internationalization & Global Engagement (CIGE)
- Korean Student Association
- Japanese Cultural Society
- Malaysians Abroad Diversified
- Ruby Sonnek, Nooreen Fatima Syeda, Bailey Imhoff (student performers)
- Stephen Trieschman
- Bizhiki Culture & Dance Company - Indigenous Cultural Dance
- The Council on Internationalization & Global Engagement - String Quartet
- Ruby Sonnek - South Indian Dance
- Nooreen Fatima Syeda and Bailey Imhoff - Indian Dance
- Stephen Trieschman - Cultural Food Demonstration
- Ukrainian Folk Dance
Want to Help International Students in Need?
The International Student Emergency Grant Fund is meant to assist international students who are in need of emergency funds due to difficulties that they may be facing here or at home. Click the button below if you would like to make a donation and help these students in need!
Explore photos from previous years' events.
Connect with CultureFest
International Folk Fair Founder: Barbara Rolland
The International Folk Fair was founded by Barbara Rolland in 1966. Barbara was dedicated to serving others and had a strong passion for international learning and experience.