As an incoming nursing student or as a current student, there are scholarships available to you through the generosity of the UW-Eau Claire Foundation and other private sources. These scholarships not only help you financially, but contribute to your individual success by promoting collaborative research, specialized areas of study, or other unique aspects of your nursing education at UW-Eau Claire.
Scholarships through UW-Eau Claire Foundation
Find scholarship information and helpful links here: Scholarships at UW-Eau Claire
Foundation Scholarship Application Process
Admitted nursing students can apply for scholarships through the Foundation using a single application form.
The Scholarship Committee will review the applications in March and students will be notified in April.
For specific deadlines, please check our News feed for announcements, or contact Cathy Wilson in the Dean's Office (Nursing 103).
To prepare for the application process students should:
- Complete their FAFSA form if they have financial need. Many of the scholarships have the criteria of Financial Need. The FAFSA form needs to be complete every year. Contact the Financial Aid office for additional information at 715-836-3373 or check out their website. Please fill out the FAFSA application by March 30 to make sure your current information is on file.
- Request recommendation letters. Letters must be submitted to Cathy Wilson by the deadline via email, fax, mail or hand delivered. Email email@example.com, Fax 715-836-5925 or mailed/hand delivered to University of WI-Eau Claire, Attn: Cathy Wilson, Nursing 103, 105 Garfield Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701.
Many organizations offer scholarships to help students cover the costs of their nursing education. Student eligibility rules are created by the organization offering the scholarship. This scholarship list is not meant to be comprehensive or exhaustive. In addition, the College of Nursing and Health Sciences is not endorsing these scholarships. We are only sharing scholarship opportunities as we become aware of them.
Please check the sponsor's website for the most up-to-date information.
- A Nurse I Am
- AAUW, Wisconsin Rapids Branch Scholarship
- ACLS Medical Training Scholarship Program
- Air Force Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP)
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses, North Central Wisconsin Chapter, Student Nurses Scholarship
- American Public Health Association (APHA) Get Ready
- Amy Hunter Wilson Scholarship
- Army Nursing Corps Scholarship
- Coursey Enterprises
- Clear Water Kiwanis Single Parent Scholarship (under News tab)
- Doris Vennard Scholarship (when available, under Quick Links)
- F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarships
- March of Dimes Graduate Nursing Scholarship
- Ministry Saint Michael's Hospital Foundation Scholarships
- Nurse Corps Scholarship Program
- Nurses Foundation of Racine Scholarship
- Tomah VA Medical Center Valor Program
- Travel Nurse Source
- Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives
Additional scholarship information is available in a binder in the Learning Resource Center.