Summer courses are available to current students, those starting in the fall, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students.
Key points to consider about summer classes:
- Class sizes are kept small.
- Length of courses range from one week to eight weeks (May 24-August 6, 2021).
- You can take the equivalent of one credit per week, so you could accumulate as many as 11 credits this summer.
- Registration is underway!
How to apply
Current UWEC students
Current students can register through MyBlugolds CampS. Their registration time will be shown on their Student Center. No deposit or PAC is required for summer enrollment, however, students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
New transfer or first-year students
New students are welcome to start with summer session. If you have already been admitted, contact Admissions to change your entrance term to summer. More information will be sent to you. Note: Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students, transfer students and readmitted students are required to make a $100 registration deposit. No PAC is required for summer enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
Students enrolled at other universities or non-degree seeking students
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree-seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special at Admissions.
A few of the courses currently being offered are below. For an up-to-date and searchable list of courses offered, click here (be sure to change the Term to "2021 Summer Session"). See the Catalog for course descriptions, attributes, prerequisites, etc.
- ACCT 201 Intro to Accounting - in person - 3 credits
- AIS 161 Intro to Cultural Anthropology - online - 3 credits
- ART 108 Foundations: Two-Dimensional Design - online - 3 credits
- BCOM 206 Business Writing - online - 2 credits
- BIOL 250 Microbiology - online - 3 credits
- BSAD 300 Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in the Workplace - online - 1 credit
- CHEM 105 General Chemistry - online - 3 credits
- CJ 202 Speech Fundamentals - online - 3 credits
- CRMJ 303 - Crime Prevention - online - 3 credits
- CS 146 The Big Picture in Computer Science - in person - 1 credit
- CSD 101/102/103 American Sign Language I/II/III - online - 3 credits
- DNCE 101 Dance Appreciation - online - 3 credits
- ENGL 220 Intro to Creative Writing - online - 3 credits
- ES 381 Technology for Educators - online - 2 credits
- GEOG 111 Human Geography - online - 3 credits
- HIST 284 Nazis and Germany - online - 3 credits
- KINS 308 Exercise Physiology - online - 3 credits
- MATH 113 Trigonometry - online - 2 credits
- MKTG 330 Principles of Marketing - online - 3 credits
- MUSI 110 Music Appreciation - online - 3 credits
- NRSG 220 Language of Health - online - 1 credit
- PHIL 310 Philosophy of Law - in person - 3 credits
- POLS 122 World Politics - online - 3 credits
- PSYC 230 Human Development - online - 3 credits
- SPAN 101 Beginning Spanish I - online - 4 credits
- THEA 314 Feminist Theatre - online - 3 credits
- WGSS 215 African-American Feminism in the Humanities - online - 3 credits
Financial Aid for summer
Admitted, degree-seeking students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Summer aid is based on the 2020-2021 FAFSA, so you must have submitted this to be eligible. If you would like to be considered for possible financial aid resources for summer, we would recommend that you apply as soon as possible. Log into MyBlugold CampS; go to Self Service > Student Center and then click on the "Summer Aid Application" link under Financial Aid. Complete information is available at Blugold Central.
Summer tuition + fees
Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees.
NOTE: Be sure to check the "special course fees." Online courses as well as others may charge additional fees.
Newly admitted degree-seeking, undergraduate students and transfer students are required to make a $100 enrollment deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for summer session, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
FULL PAYMENT is due on June 14, 2021, to avoid a $30 administrative service fee.