Summer Courses are available to current students, those starting in the fall, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students.
Key points to consider about summer classes:
- Summer courses are available online and in-person.
- Class sizes are kept small.
- Length of courses range from one week to eight weeks (May 28-August 9, 2019).
- You can take the equivalent of one credit per week, so you could accumulate as many as 11 credits this summer.
- Registration begins on February 14, 2019, for graduate students and February 18, 2019, for undergraduates.
How to apply
Current UWEC students
Current students can register through MyBlugolds CampS. Their registration time will be shown on their Student Center. No deposit or PAC is required for summer enrollment, however, students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
New transfer or first-year students
New students are welcome to start with summer session. If you have already been admitted, contact Admissions to change your entrance term to summer. More information will be sent to you. Note: Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students, transfer students and readmitted students are required to make a $100 registration deposit. No PAC is required for summer enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
Students enrolled at other universities or non-degree seeking students
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree-seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special at Admissions.
A few of the courses currently being offered are below. For a searchable list of courses offered, click here (be sure to change the Term to "2019 Summer Session"). See the Catalog for course descriptions, attributes, prerequisites, etc.
- ART 108 Foundations: Drawing and Composition - in-person - 3 credits
- BIOL 250 Microbiology - in-person - 3 credits
- CS 163 Intro to Programming in C++ - in-person - 3 credits
- CS 245 Advanced Programming and Data Structures - online - 4 credits
- ECON 318 Business Fluctuations and Forecasting - online - 3 credits
- GEOG 111 Human Geography - in-person - 3 credits
- HIST 401 Public History Great Britain - in-person - 3 credits
- IDIS 300 Integrated Performing Arts Across the Curriculum - in-person - 3 credits
- KINS 335 Intro to School Health Education & Current Health Issues - online - 3 credits
- LANG 160 Ojibwe Culture and History - in-person - 3 credits
- LANG 170 Language and Intercultural Competence - online - 3 credits
- MGMT 340 Organizational Behavior - in-person - 3 credits
- POLS 102 Intro to Politics - online - 3 credits
- PSYC 374 Cognitive Neuroscience - in-person - 3 credits
- SOC 312 US Race Ethnicity - online - 3 credits
- SPAN 101 Beginning Spanish I - in-person - 4 credits
Financial Aid for summer
Admitted, degree-seeking students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Summer aid is based on the 2018-2019 FAFSA, so you must have submitted this to be eligible. If you would like to be considered for possible financial aid resources for summer, we would recommend that you apply as soon as possible. Log into MyBlugold CampS; go to Self Service > Student Center and then click on the "Summer Aid Application" link under Financial Aid. Complete information is available at Blugold Central.
Summer tuition + fees
Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees.
NOTE: Be sure to check the "special course fees." Online courses as well as others may charge additional fees.
Newly admitted degree-seeking, undergraduate students and transfer students are required to make a $100 enrollment deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for summer session, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
FULL PAYMENT is due on June 10, 2019, to avoid a $30 administrative service fee.