Summer courses are available to current students, those starting in the fall, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students.
Key points to consider about summer classes:
- Class sizes are kept small.
- Length of courses range from one week to eight weeks (May 23-August 5, 2022).
- You can take the equivalent of one credit per week, so you could accumulate as many as 11 credits this summer.
- Registration begins February 10-11 for graduate students, February 14-24 for undergraduate students, and February 25 for special students.
How to apply
Current UWEC students
Current students can register through MyBlugolds CampS. Their registration time will be shown on their Student Center. No deposit or PAC is required for summer enrollment, however, students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
New transfer or first-year students
New students are welcome to start with summer session. If you have already been admitted, contact Admissions to change your entrance term to summer. More information will be sent to you. Note: Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students, transfer students and readmitted students are required to make a $100 registration deposit. No PAC is required for summer enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
Students enrolled at other universities or non-degree seeking students
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree-seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special at Admissions.
A few of the courses currently being offered are below. For an up-to-date and searchable list of courses offered, click here (be sure to change the Term to "2022 Summer Session"). See the Catalog for course descriptions, attributes, prerequisites, etc.
- ACCT 201, Intro to Accounting, 3 crs (in-person)
- ANTH/AIS 161, Intro Cultural Anthropology, 3 crs (online)
- ART 312, Digital Imaging and Design, 3 crs (online)
- BIOL 105, General Biology, 3 crs (online)
- CHEM 109, General Chemistry II + Lab, 4 crs (online)
- CJ 301, Intercultural Communication, 3 crs (online)
- CRMJ 103, Survey of the Criminal Justice System, 3 crs (online)
- CS 370, Computer Security, 3 crs (online)
- ECON/WMNS 337, Women & the Labor Market, 3 crs, (online)
- ENGL 272, Perspectives in Popular Texts, 3 crs (in-person)
- ENPH 225, Intro to Public Health, 3 crs (online)
- GEOG 135, Geospatial Analysis, 3 crs (online)
- HIST 201, Public History Great Britain, 3 crs (in-person)
- KINS 426, Motor Development, 3 crs (in-person)
- LAS 150, Intro to Latin American Studies, 3 crs (online)
- MATH 114, Calculus I, 4 crs (online)
- MGMT 341, Operations Management, 3 crs (online)
- MUSI 112, History of Rock & Pop, 3 crs (online)
- NRSG 389, Cross Cultural Health, 3 crs (online)
- PHIL 306, Ethics in Health Care, 3 crs (online)
- PHYS 315, Mysterious Universe, 3 crs (online)
- POLS 336/536, Arab-Israeli Conflict, 3 crs (online)
- PSYC 221, Therapeutic Play, 3 crs (online)
- SEIP 200, Intro to Diverse Learners, 3 crs (online)
- SOC 101, Intro to Sociology, 3 crs (online)
- SPAN 101, Beginning Spanish I, 4 crs (online)
- SW 290, Human Rights & Global Justice, 3 crs (online)
- THEA 300, Leadership in Arts, 3 crs (online)
- WGSS 206, LGBTQ Studies, 3 crs (online)
Financial Aid for summer
Admitted, degree-seeking students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Summer aid is based on the 2021-2022 FAFSA, so you must have submitted this to be eligible. If you would like to be considered for possible financial aid resources for summer, we would recommend that you apply as soon as possible. Log into MyBlugold CampS; go to Self Service > Student Center and then click on the "Summer Aid Application" link under Financial Aid. Complete information is available at Blugold Central.
Summer tuition + fees
Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees.
NOTE: Be sure to check the "special course fees." Online courses as well as others may charge additional fees.
Newly admitted degree-seeking, undergraduate students and transfer students are required to make a $100 enrollment deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for summer session, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
FULL PAYMENT is due on June 13, 2022. Balances remaining after June 13, 2022, are subject to a $30 administrative service fee and a finance charge of 1% per month (12% annual interest rate) calculated from the first day of the semester. After the initial assessment, finance charges will be assessed on the remaining balance every two weeks (not to exceed 1% per month) until paid.