Summer courses are available to current students, those starting in the fall, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students.
Key points to consider about summer classes:
- Summer courses are available online and in-person.
- Class sizes are kept small.
- Length of courses range from one week to eight weeks (May 26-August 7, 2020).
- You can take the equivalent of one credit per week, so you could accumulate as many as 11 credits this summer.
- Registration begins on February 13, 2020, for graduate students and February 17, 2020, for undergraduates.
How to apply
Current UWEC students
Current students can register through MyBlugolds CampS. Their registration time will be shown on their Student Center. No deposit or PAC is required for summer enrollment, however, students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
New transfer or first-year students
New students are welcome to start with summer session. If you have already been admitted, contact Admissions to change your entrance term to summer. More information will be sent to you. Note: Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students, transfer students and readmitted students are required to make a $100 registration deposit. No PAC is required for summer enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
Students enrolled at other universities or non-degree seeking students
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree-seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special at Admissions.
A few of the courses currently being offered are below. For a searchable list of courses offered, click here (be sure to change the Term to "2020 Summer Session"). See the Catalog for course descriptions, attributes, prerequisites, etc.
- AIS 101 Introduction to American Indian History and Cultures - online - 3 credits
- ARTH 333 Themes in Contemporary Art - online - 3 credits
- BIOL 130 Human Sexual Biology - online - 3 credits
- CJ 203 Fundamentals of Human Communication - online - 3 credits
- CRMJ 350 Women and Criminal Justice - online - 3 credits
- CS 245 Advanced Programming and Data Structures - online - 4 credits
- DNCE 101 Dance Appreciation - online - 3 credits
- ENGL 220 Introduction to Creative Writing - online - 3 credits
- HIST 344 African American Civil Rights Movement, 1914-Present - online - 3 credits
- KINS 294 Anatomical Kinesiology - in-person - 3 credits
- MATH 246 Elementary Statistics - online and in-person - 4 credits
- NRSG 385 Cross Cultural Health - online - 3 credits
- POLS 336 Arab-Israeli Conflict - online - 3 credits
- PSYC 340 Personality Psychology - online - 3 credits
- SOC 364 Social Gerontology - online - 3 credits
- SPAN 101 Beginning Spanish I - in-person - 4 credits
- SW 290 Human Rights and Global Justice - online - 3 credits
- THEA 101 Theatre Appreciation - online - 3 credits
- WGSS 357 Women and Economic Development - online - 3 credits
Financial Aid for summer
Admitted, degree-seeking students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Summer aid is based on the 2019-2020 FAFSA, so you must have submitted this to be eligible. If you would like to be considered for possible financial aid resources for summer, we would recommend that you apply as soon as possible. Log into MyBlugold CampS; go to Self Service > Student Center and then click on the "Summer Aid Application" link under Financial Aid. Complete information is available at Blugold Central.
Summer tuition + fees
Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees.
NOTE: Be sure to check the "special course fees." Online courses as well as others may charge additional fees.
Newly admitted degree-seeking, undergraduate students and transfer students are required to make a $100 enrollment deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for summer session, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
FULL PAYMENT is due on June 8, 2020, to avoid a $30 administrative service fee.