Summer courses are available to current students, those starting in the fall, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students.
Key points to consider about summer classes:
- Class sizes are kept small.
- Length of courses range from one week to eight weeks (May 20-August 2, 2024).
- You can take the equivalent of one credit per week, so you could accumulate as many as 11 credits this summer.
- Registration begins February 15-16 for graduate students, February 19-29 for undergraduate students by assigned date/time, and March 1 for special students.
How to Apply
Current UWEC students
Current students can register through MyBlugolds CampS. Their registration time will be shown on their Student Center. No deposit or PAC is required for summer enrollment, however, students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
New transfer or first-year students
New students are welcome to start with summer session. If you have already been admitted, contact Admissions to change your entrance term to summer. More information will be sent to you. Note: Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students, transfer students and readmitted students are required to make a $100 registration deposit. No PAC is required for summer enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
Students enrolled at other universities or non-degree seeking students
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree-seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special at Admissions.
Financial Aid for Summer
Admitted, degree-seeking students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Summer aid is based on the 2023-2024 FAFSA, so you must have submitted this to be eligible. If you would like to be considered for possible financial aid resources for summer, we would recommend that you apply as soon as possible on CampS. Complete information is available at Blugold Central.
Summer Tuition + Fees
- Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees. Check under Student Finances / Tuition & Fee Schedule.
- NOTE: Some courses may charge additional fees. See note at top of fee schedule.
- Payment Due Date
- Refund Schedule for Winterim, Summer and Short Term Courses (last table at the bottom)
- Summer Withdrawal Process