College of Education and Human Sciences
We prepare you to change lives
At UW-Eau Claire, we prepare you to make a difference in the futures of young students. Our commitment to the highest standards of academic excellence will prepare you to become an engaged professional who is a creative and critical thinker, evidence-informed practitioner and culturally responsive individual.
Integrity, collaboration and social justice
College of Education and Human Sciences graduates transform lives every day. They enhance the lives of others in an increasingly diverse society and follow unique career paths in education, healthcare, business, government, and non-profit agencies.
UW-Eau Claire among top public universities on MONEY’s Best Colleges list
UW-Eau Claire has been named one of MONEY’s 2016 Best Colleges and is one of just two UW System universities included in MONEY’s 50 Best Public Colleges list.
Blugolds' Steen to compete at Olympic trials
UW-Eau Claire student Roger Steen, holder of the 2015 NCAA Division III indoor and outdoor national titles in the shot put, will compete July 1 in the U.S. Olympic trials in Eugene, Oregon.
"The College of Education and Human Sciences departments are an interrelated and collaborative group that share a mission of developing and enhancing human potential through a liberal education and professional studies."
Carmen Manning, Dean, College of Education and Human Sciences
Known for producing high-achieving graduates
- In 2013, the pass rate on the Association of Social Work Boards examination was 97% compared to the national average of 78% for first-time test takers.
- During the 2013-2014 academic year, of the 195 students taking the Praxis II content exam, the median score for UW-Eau Claire teacher candidates was on average 8 points higher than the national sample across all content disciplines.
- On the Foundations of Reading test for select teacher education students, the UW-Eau Claire pass rate was 90% compared to the state passing rate of 85%.
- In the span of 2012-2014, the Communication Sciences & Disorders student pass rate on the PRAXIS was 97% compared to the national average of 84%.
- Communication Sciences & Disorders report a 100% employment rate.
- Our athletic training graduates have a 99% pass rate on their certification exam. In addition, they have a 98% job placement rate.
Thanks for your interest in UW-Eau Claire. Let's get started!
Select a student category below for admission guidelines, important deadlines and instructions.
NOTE: To complete your application to UW-Eau Claire you will be taken off of this website to access the UW System online admission application.
If you want to apply for employment, please click here.