print header

Students change their majors, minors and catalogue year in the department of the new major/minor.


  • Procedures for changing majors vary by department. They are listed on the "Change of Major" website maintained by the Registrar
  • In general, departments either require or suggest that a student see an adviser prior to changing a major.
  • The student should request a "what-if degree audit" prior to seeing the adviser. These can be obtained on MyBlugold by the student.

    Instructions for obtaining a What-If Degree Audit
  • From the UW-Eau Claire home page, select "MyBlugold"
  • After signing in, select "MyBlugold CampS," then "Self Service, " then "Student Center."  From the drop down menu titled "other academic......" select "Degree Audit" and click the double arrows to the right to proceed with your selection.  At this point, you can choose a Regular Degree Audit or a What-if Degree Audit.  Follow the prompts, noting it is possible to select multiple programs or change catalogue years.  Once the request is submitted, the student can check their UWEC e-mail account.  This process could take a few minutes.


NOTE: Faculty/staff can also request what-if degree audits through the MyBlugold system.

Advising Tip:

  • If a student changes his/her major after priority registration and is in a course restricted to the former major, the student may be dropped from the course.