Welcome to the Aquatics Program at UW-Eau Claire. The pool is designed to provide students/faculty with a setting where they may participate in a variety of recreational activities in an informal and relaxed environment whether it be swimming laps or playing water basketball. Enter the pool through the general locker rooms which are across from the MSPC.
Multi-Program Pool Schedule
- Open Swim: two lap lanes
- Dive Team: 1m and 3m
- Open Recreation Swim Time Only
Swim lessons are offered by our Athletic Swim Team. If you are interested in signing up for swim lessons, please contact our UWEC Swim Coach, Annie Ryder for more information.
All current UW-Eau Claire students, faculty, staff and their spouses are eligible to utilize the pool at no cost. Students from other University of Wisconsin system schools can access the facilities with a current school ID. Children of current UW-Eau Claire students, faculty, and staff may use the facilities on weekends when they are accompanied by their parent(s).
If you have any special needs and would like to participate in any of the activities/programs detailed here, please contact Garret Larson.
- All patrons are required to wear proper swimwear.
- All patrons shall shower before entering the pool.
- A valid ID is required to use the pool.
- Running is STRICTLY PROHITIBTED on the pool deck and in the locker rooms.
- Conduct which endangers the safety and comfort of other is STRICTLY PROHIBITED including use of profanity, and horseplay (throwing/dunking other swimmers, breath holding exercises, etc.).
- If you have any open cuts, abrasions, rashes, bandages, or any known communicable disease, you are NOT allowed to enter the pool.
- Food and beverage are not allowed on the pool deck except for water.
- Diving is permitted, but only in designated areas.
- Only the 1-meter diving board can be used during open swim hours.
- Only one person allowed on the diving board at a time.
- When lap swimming, follow proper etiquette and share swimming lanes during high usage times.
- Children of all UWEC student, faculty, and staff can swim during weekend hours only for the academic year due to pool availability. There is no restriction for summer months.
- All children in diapers must wear plastic pants with sung fitting elastic waist and leg bands.
- Coast Guard approved lifejackets are recommended for those who cannot swim.
- Personal coaching and private instruction are not permitted unless approved by McPhee staff.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended. It is recommended that you secure your items in a facility locker.
- Recreation and Sport Operations is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Lost and found items should be turned in to McPhee 207 or the Open Recreation office.
Inclement Weather Policy
The McPhee pool may close at times due to unsafe weather conditions(i.e. thunder/lightning) while the rest of the facility may stay open. When thunder/lightning are present, the pool will be evacuated and will remain closed for 30 minutes after the last occurrence of thunder and/or lightning.
If you are planning to swim and you are unsure if the pool is currently closed due to severe weather, you can contact the McPhee Info Desk at 715-836-2546 between the hours of 7:00am-3:30pm. After 3:30pm, contact the McPhee Building Manager at 715-225-8595.