Meeting notices should be used to announce meetings of established universitywide committees or for agendas that include discussions of issues of universitywide concern. The Open Meetings Law requires that meeting notices inform those reasonably likely to be interested in the agenda under discussion. Meetings of departments or committees generally may be announced within those specific areas only and need not be included in meeting notices unless the agenda includes universitywide matters.
- Submit meeting agendas by Thursday for meetings scheduled for the following week via the Meeting Notice form.
- If the Thursday deadline is not met, committee representatives are responsible for the distribution of late meeting notices to constituents. The late meeting agenda should also be submitted via the Meeting Notice form.
- Changes to posted meetings must be submitted via the Meeting Change Request form.
- Wisconsin Department of Justice Open Meeting Compliance Guide
- UW-System General Counsel Overview of Wisconsin's Open Meeting Law
Tuesday, Aug. 20
University Staff Council
10-11:30 a.m., Vicki Lord Larson Hall (1128) and via BlueJeans. Agenda: 1) Call to order; 2) Roll call; 3) Introduction of guests; 4) Approval of minutes from July 16, 2019 meeting; 5) Open forum for any member of the university community to speak to the council; 6) Administrator Remarks – David Miller, HR; 7) Reports: a. Chair’s report; b. Vice-chair’s report; c. University Staff Rep’s report; d. Committee reports; e. Other reports; 8) Unfinished Business: a. Report on task force on compensation of university staff for service and professional development; b. Update on search and screen activity; c. Other unfinished business; 9) New Business: a. Council goals and priority setting for coming year; 10) Announcements; 11) Adjournment.
Thursday, Aug. 22
Professional Development Day Committee
2:30-4 p.m., Hibbard Hall (510A). Agenda: 1)Call to order; 2) Roll call; 3) Approval of minutes from 7/30/2019; 4) Open Forum for any member of the University community to speak to the committee; 5) Reports; 6) Old Business; A) The 2020 Professional Development Day event; 1) Recap of options now available to the committee; 2) Decide when & where to hold it following the 8/7/19 meeting with University Centers & VCs; 7) Announcements; 8) Adjournment;)