The International Fellows Program for Research, Service, and Creative Activity is made possible by a multi-year Blugold Commitment Grant. It is an innovative program coordinated by the Immersions Office to allow students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to engage in international research with UW-Eau Claire faculty and staff. Full-time UW-Eau Claire undergraduate students are eligible to receive 100% of their program costs covered by Blugold Commitment funding.* Eligible program costs include airfare, lodging, excursions, admission fees, and local transportation. DII funding cannot cover passport fees, $30 application fee, or personal expenses.
The International Fellows Program capitalizes on the strength and success of high impact academic experiences and is dedicated to supporting international student-faculty collaborative research/creative activity and research service-learning (i.e. field research conducted in conjunction with a service-learning experience).
Not sure how to get started or what leading students is all about? Check out this short video for folks like you who want to know a bit more before they get involved!
The International Fellows Program for the 2022-2023 academic year is not yet open. The next application deadline is tentatively scheduled for October 24, 2021 to submit your materials to your Department Chair, Program Director, or Supervisor and October, 2021 to the Immersions Office (targeting Winterim 2022 projects and later). All proposals will be reviewed after October 31, 2021. Click here for more information about applying.
Goals of the International Fellows Program (IFP)
- To actualize the Centennial Plan's commitment to accelerate global learning,
- To support the Centennial Plan's commitment to transformational learning, and
- To fulfill an unmet student and faculty need for financial support to conduct international research and creative activities.
- In addition, one hope is that some funded projects might grow into longer-term, self-sustaining international relationships or study abroad programs.
For additional information or questions, contact Jeff DeGrave, email@example.com, 715-836-4471.
* The Blugold Commitment exists to allow greater access, affordability, and participation in exceptional high-impact practices such as IFPs for all UW-Eau Claire undergraduates, to ensure that more of these opportunities are available for these students, and to increase the numbers of students who participate. UW-Eau Claire undergraduate students are encouraged to participate in multiple high-impact immersion programs and every full-time tuition-paying undergraduate student at UW-Eau Claire is eligible to receive Blugold funding for one (1) IFP Immersion experience. Any student who has participated in a previous IFP Immersion experience is not eligible to receive funding through Blugold funding for a second IFP Immersion experience.