Enjoy your Blugolden years in Eau Claire
The Snowbird U program is designed for UW Eau Claire alumni and emeriti faculty and staff who would like to migrate “home” in the summer months. Whether you are coming home to re-connect with family, visit with lifelong friends, or even participate in medical care, this is also an opportunity to re-visit those golden days on campus.
You'll stay at Haymarket Landing, UW-Eau Claire's apartment-style residence hall in downtown Eau Claire, allowing you to cook your own meals, entertain friends and family, and easily explore downtown's shops, restaurants and entertainment. We even encourage you to coordinate visits with fellow alumni – it may not be exactly like those bygone days, but a great way to catch up and have new adventures!
Apartments are available from June 1 to August 1 each summer and you'll need to book a stay of at least 30 days (we'll pro-rate your stay by day after the first 30 days). Reservations open each year in February and can be made using the application on the right.
Rates | $30-40 per night
Dates | June 1 - August 1
Guests | 1-2 guests
Your Stay Supports Students
When you stay with us over the summer, you are directly supporting students!
The mission of UW-Eau Claire is to foster in one another creativity, critical insight, empathy and intellectual courage. In support of our mission, revenue from camp & conference programs go directly to student scholarships. To date we have raised over $500,000 in scholarships.
Thank you for supporting the next generation of leaders, researchers, problem solvers and citizens!
Haymarket Landing is located in the heart of downtown Eau Claire.
220 Eau Claire St
Eau Claire, WI 54701
[Room Number] Haymarket Landing
642 University Dr
Eau Claire, WI 54701
- kitchen equipment
- trash cans
- in-unit laundry
- vacuum & broom/dust pan
- 2 sets of sheets & blankets
- 2 mattress pads (if requested)
- 2 pillows & 4 pillowcases
- 8 bath towels
- 4 washcloths & hand towels
- residents responsible for doing own laundry
- one parking stall in basement parking garage (additional parking stalls available for $40/month, with proration possible after first month)
- community room
- second floor rooftop patio
- air conditioning/heat
- WiFi Internet
- personal access cards to secured building
- 24-hour secured front entrance
- 24-hour on-call staff
No home phone is provided. Residents must utilize personal cell phones.
Suggestions for your packing list
- silverware & knives
- dish soap (dishwasher soap, if applicable)
- kitchen towels/washcloths
- coffee maker
- can opener
- salt & pepper shaker
- storage containers
- oven mitt
- personal toiletries
- iron & ironing board
- audio-visual equipment (TVs, radios, stereos, etc.)
- general cleaning supplies
- TV/Personal Electronics
- no tobacco or smoking of any kind within the building, on the patio, or within 25 feet of the building
- no open alcohol containers in hallways, or in meeting/gathering spaces including the patio
- no pets of any kind inside the building for any length of time
Check-in & Check-out
- residents must be checked out of apartments by noon on August 1
- 10-day advance written notice of arrival/departure changes required
Payment & Cancellations
- payment is due to Housing & Residence Life by the first date of stay, and is to be made by personal check
- Housing & Residence Life will create an invoice based upon the planned stay
- cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to the Housing & Residence Life Office at least 15 days prior to the arrival date
- cancellation requests sent less than 10 days prior to the arrival date may result in prohibition of future rental privileges
- Bathroom with shower liner
- Open living space to encompass living room/bedroom with XL full bed and one side chair with end table
- Full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, dishwasher
- Rate $30/night
- 2 bedroom apartments
- Option 1 | each bedroom has 1 XL twin bed, desks, dressers & a closet
- Option 2 | each bedroom has 1 XL full bed, desks, dressers & a closet
- Option 3 | each bedroom has 2 XL twin beds, 2 desks, 2 dressers & a closet
- 2 bathrooms with shower liners
- living room | 1 couch, side chair, coffee table & end table
- Rate | $40/night
We are committed to providing access to those of all abilities. Please let us know if you need any special accommodations.
My husband and I stayed at the Snowbird U in 2018. We live in Florida, and have children in the area. We found this to be the perfect way to spend time with our children and still have your own place as well. It was fun being back on the campus setting, as we are both alumni of UWEC. We met others who were enjoying it as much as we were. We liked the security at night. Everyone was great to work with, and we hope to stay there again this year.
Explore Eau Claire
Contact UW-Eau Claire Housing | firstname.lastname@example.org | 715.836.3674