Find out all of the events and programs designed to both support queer students and to educate the campus community.
Below you will find a list and brief description of the major signature programs and recurring events that help us to fulfill our mission of creating an inclusive campus and increasing the numbers of allies and campus supporters for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Q'nnect A peer connection and mentorship program where LGBTQIA+ students have monthly lunches with LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff. For more information email email@example.com
- Night Out Film Series This series runs the entire academic year. Every other Tuesday, student, faculty, staff and community can join the GSRC for a free film screening and brief discussion. Film topics vary each year.
- The CookOUT This is the annual Welcome Week event to welcome LGBTQIA+ students and kick off the new academic year.
Though the GSRC celebrates trans lives year round, TransMission Week affords us the opportunity to focus exclusively on trans lives. Programs change each year, but we generally offer films, speakers, panels, and awareness events that seek to educate folx about the transgender experience and what we can do to provide support and advocacy. In addition, we offer a Trans Day of Remembrance program as well as a week-long All Gender Clothing Swap. You don’t want to miss this week!
National Coming Out Day
National Coming Out Day is an internationally observed civil awareness day for coming out and creating a safe space for the discussion and celebration of LGBTQIA+ lives. Coinciding with the Eau Queer Film Festival, UW-Eau Claire’s National Coming Out Day festivities are sure to make you feel loved and supported—and grateful to be you! With music, free food (including cotton candy!), and numerous resources, this event is all about community. Attendees have the opportunity to share their coming out story with those who “get it,” and with those who can learn from it. You don’t want to miss this feel-good event, so be sure to come out (we couldn’t resist) for it!
- OUT This student produced and curated Zine showcases artwork, poetry, and short stories by LGBTQIA+ students. For more information or to submit your work email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Love Your Body Day
- LGBTQIA+ Holiday Dinner An annual gathering for for LGBTQIA+ students to join LGBTQIA+ faculty and staff for a holiday dinner before winter break. The GSRC provides food and faculty and staff bring a dish to pass and share with students.
Women's History Month
March our campus observance of this national month-long celebration of the rich history of women and women's issues in the U.S. The campus calendar is full of events focused on women, gender, and sexuality and is a collaborative effort between Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, the Gender & Sexuality Resource Center, Women's Studies, and other campus units and programs.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month
Each year in April we observe Sexual Assault Awareness month to raise public awareness about sexual assault, how different communities are impacted by sexual violence, and to educate people at UW-Eau Claire on how to dismantle rape culture in our everyday lives and prevent sexual violence.
The Clothesline Project
The Clothesline Project allows people to create a t-shirt that depicts their experiences with sexual assault or sexual violence to bring awareness to adults and children affected by sexual violence and/or interpersonal violence. It is done in conjunction with Sexual Assault Awareness Month