Counseling Services has a same-day crisis drop-in service that is designed to assist students who have identified that they are in crisis or have an urgent need to be seen.
During Business Hours:
You can call 715-836-5521 to talk with a counselor on the phone or get connected with a counselor for a brief crisis Tele-Counseling session. After you complete the paperwork that will be emailed to you, a counselor will contact you to do an assessment of the circumstances surrounding your crisis, identify and implement strategies for dealing with the crisis, and make recommendations as to how to proceed. A follow-up appointment may be scheduled. At times you may have a brief wait if the counselor is meeting with another student. You must be located in Wisconsin to utilize this service.
After Hours Resources:
- Northwest Connections Mental Health Crisis Line - 1-888-552-6642
- Crisis Text Line - Text HOPE to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Line - 1-800-273-8255
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
- TREVOR (LGBTQIA) Lifeline - 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline - 1-877-565-8860
- Veterans Crisis Line - 1-800-273-8255
9-911 for emergency, if calling from on-campus
911 for emergency, if calling from off-campus