Parking policies and regulations at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire are aimed at easing the parking crunch on campus and in the neighborhoods adjacent to the campus. These policies and regulations are part of an overall parking plan recommended by the Physical Plant Planning Committee, the University Senate and the Student Senate, and approved by the chancellor. The plan incorporates a multifaceted approach to managing a limited number of parking spaces available to students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Permits are required in all campus lots as posted.
- Permits should be placed on the driver's side window in the plastic sleeve or in a manner that all information on the permit is clearly visible from the exterior of the vehicle.
- Always remember to head into stall.
- The absence of signs does not mean parking is allowed.
- Vehicles must park properly in marked stalls. Improperly parked vehicles may be issued a citation.
- Hibbard Lot: "F" permit required in "F" posted stalls 6a.m. - 3p.m M-F. "G" permit required in "G" posted stalls 6a.m. - 6p.m. M-F.
- Phillips Lot: "S" permit required in "S" posted stalls 6a.m. - 3p.m. M-F. "F" permit required in "F" posted stalls 6a.m. - 3p.m M-F. "G" permit required in "G" posted stalls 6a.m. - 6p.m. M-F.
- Nursing Lot: "G" permit required 6a.m - 6p.m. M-F
- Water Street Lot: "S" permit required in "S" posted stalls 6a.m. - 3p.m. M-F. "F" permit required in "F" posted stalls 6a.m. - 3p.m M-F. "W" permit required in "W" stalls 24 hours from 6a.m. Monday through 3:00 p.m. Friday
- HSS (Human Sciences and Services) Lot: "F" permit required 6a.m. - 3p.m. M-F. "W" permit required in "W" stalls 24 hour from 6a.m. Monday through 3:00 p.m. Friday
- Haas Lot: "F" or "S" permit required 6a.m. - 3p.m. M-F.
- Governors Lot: "F" permit required 6a.m. - 3:00p.m. M-F
- Murray Lot: "F" permit required 6a.m. - 4:30p.m. M-F
- McPhee Lot: "F" permit required in "F" posted stalls 6a.m. - 4:30p.m M-F. "S" permit required in "S" posted stalls 6a.m. - 4:30p.m. M-F
- Oakridge and Chancellors Lot: "R" permit required in "R" stalls 24 hours from 6a.m. Monday through 3p.m. Friday.
- Bridgman and Towers Lot: "R" permit required in "R" stalls 24 hours from 6a.m. Monday through 3p.m. Friday. "F" permit required in "F" stalls 6a.m. - 3p.m. M-F
- Priory Lot: "F", "S", or "R" permit required in Priory "F/S/R" stalls 6a.m. - 3p.m. M-F.
- Bollinger Lot: "B" permit required in "B" stalls, Monday- Friday from 6a.m. - 3p.m.
Two-hour and 20-minute metered parking is available on both upper and lower campus and enforced year round. Use the meter with the arrow pointing to your vehicle. Meters are enforced on upper campus and Garfield Avenue from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week. The remainder of the meters on lower campus are enforced 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday. Up to four tickets can be issued per day for meter violations.
2 Hour Meter Locations - $0.75 per hour
Governors, Towers Circle, Schneider lot
3 Hour Meter Locations - $0.75 per hour
20 Minute Meter Locations - $0.25 per 20 minutes
Hibbard (small lot behind building), Haas Fine Arts lot, University Dr., Phillips lot
*Disabled Permits not valid in 20 minute meters
If a meter is failed (doesn't accept coins, shows dead/jammed/failed message) do not park there, this is not a valid parking stall since the meter is failed. The failed meter should be reported to Blugold Central by calling 715-836-3000 or by email.
Change is available at the service desk in the Davies Center.
Fire lanes, loading zones, disabled stalls, 15 minute zones, improper parking (backwards into stall), no parking zones, and all restricted areas are enforced 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Loading zone and short-term handicapped permits are available in Blugold Central.
A parking citation is an official document that describes the violation, amount of the penalty, time and location of issuance, vehicle description, and information about how to pay or appeal the citation. Wisconsin State Statutes give Parking and Transportation Services authority to enforce parking policies and issue citations. Citations are placed on vehicles or sent through the mail. Only authorized Parking and Transportation Services employees or University Police officers may issue citations. Citations may be issued more than once each day to vehicles in violation of parking policies.
The registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for the parking citation (including lost, stolen, or damaged citations) whether or not the owner was operating the vehicle at the time the citation was issued in accordance with state law.
Students with unpaid fines lose university class registration rights and have transcripts held. Anyone with unpaid fines may be referred to small claims court or a collection agency. Additional fees will be applied for unpaid citations.
|Improper Permit Display||
|Disabled Parking Stall Violation||
Improper Permit Display $5
Meter Expired $10
Improper Parking $10
Permit Required $20
Prohibited Parking $30
Disabled Parking Stall Violation $150
Permit/Ticket Fraud $200
In an effort to keep an emergency route open and insure that snow and ice is removed from roadways, sidewalks and parking lots in a timely manner, the following snow removal rules are in effect from November 16, 2019 through March 15, 2020.
Parking is prohibited between the hours of 1:00a.m. and 7:00a.m. seven days a week in the meters in the following locations (regardless of weather conditions).
- University Drive in front of Chancellors, Oakridge and Bridgman
- Towers Circle (only the 20 minute meters along the building)
- Behind Hilltop
- University Drive in front of Olson
Vehicles parked in the meters between these hours will receive a $30 ticket for prohibited parking.
Note: The City of Eau Claire Alternate Side Parking started November 1, 2019. Details can be found here