Skip to main content

Student Grade Reports

Students may view their grades in CampS. As soon as instructors have submitted grades and they have been entered into the University database, the grades will appear under Academic Records.

Log into CampS

If you have any questions about a specific grade for a course, you should talk to the instructor. But if you have general questions about how grades are computed, or if you think there is an error on your record, please contact Record Services.

See the University catalog for complete information on University grading policies and procedures or use a GPA calculator.

Grade Change - Faculty Only

To change a grade simply complete the Grade Change E-Form. Grades may be changed up to one year after the initial grade is posted on the student's record. Grades will not be changed once the one year period has lapsed.

Grading System

A system of letter grades is used except when the course is offered only on the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis or when the student has elected that option. (See University catalogue for procedures and restrictions.) . A pre-marked "F" indicates that the student has withdrawn from the course after the official deadline.

Letter Grades

A, A-: (A=Excellent)
B+, B, B-: (B=Very Good)
C+, C, C-: (C=Average)
D+, D, D-: (D=Passing)
F: (F=Failing)

FI - Failed Incomplete On Transfer

The FI indicates a course that was transferred to UWEC as an incomplete grade. The grade maintains an F value until the student satisfies the incomplete. It is subject to University Repeat policies. Records and Registration staff and Admissions staff code these grades.

I - Incomplete Grade

Incomplete is used when either through the student's fault or personal situation they were unable to complete the coursework and are being given an extension by the instructor to complete the work by a specified date. It is used for exceptional circumstances only. Because incompletes can negatively affect an undergraduate student's academic standing, IN grades should not be given without the student's knowledge/consent. Instructors should provide a default grade to take effect should the lapse period conclude without the student completing the work. The standard default grade is F.

Lapse Periods are:

  • End of the tenth week of classes
  • End of the following semester for a graduate course

Incomplete forms are automatically generated and sent via campus mail to the instructor within ten days following the standard grade submission period. The instructor then completes the form and submits it once the student concludes the assigned work. An Incomplete Form (fill out online and print) is also available for you on the Forms webpage .

NA - Not Applicable

This grade is used as a placeholder for pending national or international coursework. It does not impact GPA and is used only for study abroad or National Student Exchange only. Upon receipt of coursework from the foreign/exchange institution UWEC evaluates and posted the grades and courses as resident credit. The course remains with an NC to show that the semester was spent on exchange or study abroad. Records and Registration staff code these grades.

NR - Not Reported

An NR means that the grade was not reported. It is sometimes used when a faculty member is too ill to grade at that time but at some point will submit a grade. It is non-punitive. The Registration and Records staff and Deans use NR to track grades that are not submitted. It is needed to calculate academic standing. Records and Registration staff code these grades.

PR - Progress

This grade is used when a class end date may vary by student or each student is on an individualized timeline for evaluation. The grade implies that the course is still in progress. The grade is non-punitive. It may be applied by faculty for specific course types such as: internship, scholarly projects, thesis, and research paper when the course is setup to accept the PR grade.

The PR is also used as a placeholder for a graduate course to indicate graduation only. By doing this the student is enrolled and can be charged the appropriate graduation fees for the term.

Q - No Academic Record

Per Associate Dean approval, a "Q" grade may be granted instead of a "W" grade during the drop process. The "Q" grade indicates enrollment in a course for purposes of Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress. However, the course grade will not be reflected on the academic transcript as an Official Withdrawal with a "W" grade. Records and Registration staff code these grades.

S - Satisfactory

The grade of S/U can only be given by the instructor if the course is only offered on the S/U grading basis. The conversion of the letter grade to "S" or "U" will be done by the Registrar's Office for those students who elect to take a course of a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis. Only letter grades of "C" or above convert to an "S". A "C minus" or below converts to a "U". This grade is not computed in the student's semester and resident GPA.

U - Unsatisfactory

Completion of a course taken on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory or Audit basis. A "C minus" or below converts to a "U". This grade is not computed in the student's semester and resident GPA.

V - Audit

A V audit grade is indicated on the student's enrollment records at the time of registration. When a faculty member receives their confirmation of grade submissions, students who registered as an audit will have a "V" on their record. Records and Registration staff code these grades.

UV - Unsatisfactory Audit

UV represents an unsatisfactory completion of a course taken on the Audit basis.

W - Official Withdrawal

Will be pre-marked "W". You cannot assign a "W" that is not pre-marked. (See XF instructions). A student will still show as enrolled in a course even when a W is assigned . Records and Registration staff code these grades.

XF - Unofficial Withdrawal

You are required to give an "XF" if the student stopped attending or never attended. You will be asked to enter "never attended" or a last date of attendance for students who did not complete the semester. Faculty members are required to enter these grades.

Academic Standing and Progress

Please refer to the University Catalog for Academic Standing and Progress information.

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message