The Blugold Card — the official photo identification card of the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire — is issued and replaced at Blugold Card Services. Our office is the point of contact for ID-based activities offered campus-wide — including point-of-sale, attendance, circulation and e-commerce. Blugold Card Services also administers the meal plan that is required for nearly every student who lives on campus.
Present your Blugold Card whenever access to facilities and services is required. A Blugold Card is required for meal plan access, for all textbook rental transactions in the University Bookstore, and to borrow materials from McIntyre Library. Your Blugold Card also offers you the following:
- Door access at select residence halls and academic buildings
- Reduced-price tickets for many campus activities and events
- Access to McPhee Physical Education Center facilities
- Free use of the Eau Claire Transit System
- Access to the Blugold Account debit card system
- Through the university's banking partnership, students also have the option of using their Blugold Cards as ATM or signature-based debit cards for transactions on and off campus.
Closed Monday May 27 for Memorial Day
Students in certain online degree-seeking programs are now eligible for a Blugold ID Card for Online Students. If desired, please contact your academic program personnel for details.
- Deposited funds cannot be used to pay tuition.
- Deposits may not be refunded for cash.
- DO NOT punch a hole anywhere in your card, or you will be charged, $15 for Blugold Card or Blugold Card Maxx, to replace it. If you would like to attach your card to something, please visit the University Bookstore for cardholder options.
- If using a card pocket attached to a cell phone, please remove Blugold Card when charging phone as it may erase or damage chip in the card.
- Diners Club, 50/50, or Blugold account balances are refunded only when your relationship with the university ends and there is an account balance of $25 or more. You must request a refund from Blugold Card Services, Davies Center 110, within one month of ending your association with the university. A $15 processing fee will be assessed for all refund requests.
New card requests (not for replacement cards)
Follow the instructions below to request a new Blugold ID or MAXX ID cards, Camp and Conference cards, Spouse cards, Children's Nature Academy cards and Custom Designed cards. The instructions for requesting cards is as follows:
- Please go to https://eform1.uwec.edu/
- Login with UWEC info
- Choose "Start a new form"
- From the pull down menu- select "University Centers"
- Then select "Blugold Card Services- Request a Card" select the type of card you are requesting and follow the instructions.
All Custom Designed card requests must be made at least 10 weeks in advance of the event. This time frame is non-negotiable due to the complexity of ordering and producing these cards.
If you have any questions, please contact Blugold Card Services at (715) 836-4070.
Thank you for your cooperation with this procedure.
A U.S. Bank branch can be found with Blugold Card Services in the Service Center complex in Davies Center's east lobby. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone 715-830-5103.