Admitted Transfer Student

Wahoo! Congrats! You are almost a Blugold

Can you tell we are excited? Now that you've been accepted to UWEC, there are just a few more things you have to do so we can see you on campus. We'll walk you through those next steps below.

After you activate your account in step 1, you can track your progress through these steps by logging into MyBlugold CampS to see your Student Guide completion checklist

View your checklist in CampS

Note: Some of the steps below are not applicable for students transferring from UW-Eau Claire—Barron County to UW-Eau Claire. Please refer back to your admit letter for further details.

Activate your account by visiting You will need your username and campus ID, which are found in your admit letter or application acknowledgment email.

After being admitted and activating your account (step 1 above), sign in to MyBlugold CampS. Once you've logged in, follow the steps below:

  • Select Pay Enrollment Deposit from the menu on the left-hand side. 
  • Select Make a Payment or Deposit.

From here you will indicate the term you were admitted to, whether you are a freshman or transfer student, and how you wish to pay your deposit(s). Note that if you plan to stay in the residence halls, you can pay your $75 housing deposit at the same time you pay your enrollment deposit.

Note: Your $100 enrollment deposit is refundable until the last business day before classes begin.

If you plan to live on campus, you must do the following to secure your spot in the residence halls. 

  • Submit your $75 housing deposit. (See step 2 above for deposit payment process.)
  • Submit your housing application as soon as possible for the best chance of getting your preferred residence hall. 

Wondering where you want to live? Check out the housing and residence life page, which will provide you with your residence hall options and packing suggestions. Priority for housing assignments is based on your housing application submit date--so don't procrastinate!

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form found at determines your eligibility for need-based financial aid, so fill out the FAFSA as soon as possible. Be sure you have released the information to UWEC by including our school code (003917) in the FAFSA.

Note: If you are transferring in 90 or more credits, contact the financial aid team in Blugold Central at 715-836-3000 or for information about eligibility to continue to receive financial aid.

Note: Your financial aid package may not reflect all incoming scholarships. If you haven't applied for scholarships, please refer to the scholarships page to learn more about eligibility, deadlines, and the application process. For questions about scholarships, call the Admissions Office at 715-836-5415.

Incoming transfers who are eligible at the point of admission and are admitted before March 1 (for fall) or November 15 (for spring) are encouraged to fill out the separate Admissions scholarship application. Check out the scholarship opportunities available to you!

Students intending to major or minor in music need to complete a placement and scholarship audition before enrolling. Visit the music website for information on audition schedules and how to register. Audition early, as the Music Department uses a rolling admissions system. Questions? Contact the Music Department at or call 715-836-4954.

The Transfer Credit Report is available in your My Blugold CampS account and is typically available within two weeks of your acceptance. It will give you an evaluation of transferred credits. Contact the Admissions Office about missing or incorrect transfer of credits. Learn more about how to access your My Blugold CampS account where the Transfer Credit Report is located.

Second Degree/Post-Baccalaureate students do not receive a Transfer Credit Report and should contact the appropriate individual listed on the Second Degree Advisors list to discuss program requirements.

Once you submit the $100 enrollment deposit, our orientation team will connect you with an academic advisor. Your academic advisor will contact you via email within one week to set up a time to discuss your transfer credits and registering for classes. Questions about orientation, advising and registration can be sent to

Learn more here!

Second Degree/Post-Baccalaureate students should contact the appropriate individual listed on the Second Degree Advisors list.

Nursing students admitted to UW-Eau Claire for the BSN Completion program and the Marshfield Nursing program should initiate contact with the Nursing Department. BSN Completion students are advised to contact Gail Hanson Brenner at for information about course selection. Marshfield Nursing students are to contact Dr. Rachel Merkel at to let her know you have been admitted.

Review your letter of acceptance for the name of the institution(s) from which we need a final official transcript sent. Please request that the final transcript be sent to the Admissions Office within 30 days of your last term.

The current reciprocity agreement between Minnesota and Wisconsin enables a Minnesota resident to attend Wisconsin public institutions of higher education at rates approximating tuition prevailing in the Minnesota State University System. You may apply online with the Online Tuition Reciprocity Application or, if you have additional questions about reciprocity, contact the Minnesota Office of Higher Education at (800) 657-3866.

Not a transfer student?

Select your student type below to see your next steps for after admittance:

Select your student type:
Dr. Kim Pierson

Going the extra mile

A UW-Eau Claire sophomore public relations major shares her first-person story about how a patient physics professor inspired and motivated her when she found herself struggling in her science class during her first semester as a college student.

Read about it
library student staff

More than a job

Offering students on-campus jobs is a priority at UW-Eau Claire because studies show that students who work part-time in college often perform better academically and are more likely to stay in school than students who do not work at all.

Learn More
We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message