Greek Week is a week-long celebration of the Greek community at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire that is sponsored by the Interfraternity and PanHellenic Councils. The week is designed to follow the four guiding pillars of Greek Life, with events that are focused on Leadership, Scholarship, Service, and Friendship. There are two separate competitions that take place during the week; the Spirit Cup competition for the organizations, and the Greek God and Goddess competition that is for individual members that are representing their organizations.
Greek Week for 2023 will be Saturday, March 4th through Friday, May 10th. Almost all events are open to any staff or student who would like to spectate or participate.
GREEK WEEK 2023- GREEKELODEON
Spirit Cup Competition
The Spirit Cup competition is held between the various social Greek organizations. The winning organization will receive a trophy and will be recognized at the Greek Gala on March 10th.
Monday, March 6th
Medallion Hunt, Monday through Thursday, Various locations on campus
- Starts at 8 a.m., with a clue posted every day at 8am in the Greek Life Facebook group through Thursday or until found
- Campus-wide search for the Greek Week medallion. 30 points to the organization that locates it.
Penny Wars, Monday through Thursday, Davies 220
- Competition starts at 8am with jars located inside the Student Organization and Leadership Center and concludes on Thursday at 3 p.m.
- Pennies = positive points and Silver = negative points, with the total points being rounded to the nearest number.
- All proceeds will be donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Food Drive, Monday through Thursday, Davies 220
- Starts at 8 a.m. with items being turned in next to the front desk of the Student Organization and Leadership Center, and concludes on Thursday at 3 p.m.
- Different points will be given for different items: Canned item = 1 point, Box meal/Pasta/Cereal = 2 points, Paper Products = 3 points, Baby Food = 5 points, Personal Care Products = 8 points, Diapers = 10 points.
- Homemade or opened items will not be accepted. Please do not donate items that need other ingredients to be used.
Faculty Progressive Dinner, 6:00 p.m., Centennial 3714
- Starts at 6:00 p.m. and will allow staff and faculty to learn about the Greek organizations, while eating 3 courses
- There will be an overview of the chapters, and numerous opportunities to meet students involved in Greek Life at UW-Eau Claire.
Tuesday, March 7th
Free Hot Chocolate!
- From 10am-1pm answer a Nickelodeon-themed trivia question for free hot chocolate!
Educational: Lifesavers Suicide Prevention Program
- Enjoy snacks while learning about suicide prevention at 6pm in Centennial 1204
Wednesday, March 8th
- Lip Sync Battle, Dance Battle, and Family Feud at 7pm in Schofield Auditorium
- Judges will award points appropriately
Wear Your Letters Wednesday
- Send a picture of yourself wearing your letters to Lauren Elmergreen!
Thursday, March 9th
Slime a Greek!
- Fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters! Throw slime at a Greek member for $2 on the Campus Mall from 11am-1pm
Hypnotist- Chris Jones
- Sit in the Greek Life section at Chris Jones the Hypnotist at 6pm in Schofield Auditorium
End of Medallion Hunt, Penny Wars, Banner Painting & Food Drive (3pm)
Friday, March 10th
- Find out the winners of the God and Goddess competition, and the Spirit Cup at 5pm in the Student Organization Complex
God and Goddess Competition
Saturday, March 4th
- Each candidate will be given a bed sheet to paint for the week to represent their chapter the week's theme.
- Candidates are allowed 3 helpers to complete their design.
- Banners are due to the student organization workshop by 9 pm on Saturday night, with a photo sent to Lauren Elmergreen
Wednesday, March 8th
- More information Above
Thursday, March 9th
Greek Candidate Interview
- Each candidate must schedule a 10 minute interview with the judges
For more information about Greek Week events, contact the Council Social Chairs. The Councils reserve the right to change the schedule of events at any point and are the final judges for all scoring.