Departmental Honors in Nursing Program
The Departmental Honors in Nursing Program compliments and enriches your experience as a nursing student at UW-Eau Claire. The purpose of the program is to provide an opportunity for students to discover nursing knowledge using advanced scholarly abilities beyond the baccalaureate nursing program expectations. Nursing Honors students will collaborate with a nursing faculty honors advisor to engage in an undergraduate scholarly project and share the results in a professional format.
Why join the Departmental Honors in Nursing program?
- Develop a professional and scholarly relationship with nursing faculty
- Strengthen critical thinking, analysis, research and/or evidence-based practice skills
- Develop and contribute nursing knowledge to the profession
- Enhance leadership skills and abilities as a professional nurse
- Accomplish valued learning and skills for transition to graduate education
How to get started in the Departmental Honors in Nursing program
The Departmental Honors in Nursing Program is currently on hold for newly admitted students.
- Preview the Departmental Honors in Nursing Program. A description of the Departmental Honors in Nursing program, objectives, and process can be found in Blugold Insider.
- Contact your Nursing Academic Advisor. When you receive notification that you are eligible for the Departmental Honors in Nursing Program, schedule an appointment with your Nursing Academic Advisor for direction in selecting a Nursing Honors Advisor.
- Complete the Nursing Honors Acceptance form. The honors Acceptance from can be found at the Departmental Honors in Nursing website. Complete the Nursing Honors Acceptance form and send to the Nursing Honors Chair.
- Develop scholarly project with Nursing Honors Advisor. Meet with your honors advisor to discuss your interests and participation in a specific scholarly project.