Our graduates go on to do pretty incredible things. Ranging all over the United States, various graduates link their success to the preparation from our department. Our graduates are competitive in the job market, well prepared once they're hired, and exceed expectations repeatedly. We constantly have organizations, companies and businesses begging for UWEC communication and journalism students.
The connections I made with professors and UW-Eau Claire staff helped me transition into the real world. My job post-grad is the Marketing Assistant at Mall of America. I work alongside our SVP of Business Development & Marketing on her day-to-day and long-term projects. I am now planning events for the 2018 Super Bowl, which has been a dream of mine since it was announced Minnesota will host it.
Each semester our students go out and interview our amazing alumni. Through this a magazine is created featuring alumni and the success they've had since graduation. Check out the magazine below.
What are UWEC graduates doing with their communication and journalism degree?
- Editorial Assistant at Food Network
- Communications Associate at Neuger Communications Group
- Marketing and Promotions at Mall of America
- Executive Team Leader at Target
- Sales Development Representative at SPS Commerce
- Communications Representative at C.H. Robinson
- Executive Assistant at U.S. House of Representatives
- Editor of Time Inc.
- Reporter at WXOW-ABC
- Account Manager at Stokes+HERZOG
- Business Development Director at Chilson Automotive