Everyone needs a mid-winter break to celebrate all things winter during the annual Winter Carnival. See this year's calendar of festival events below, which typically include indoor and outdoor activities.
Winter Carnival - Ready, Set, Snow! | February 7 -13
Get ready to kick the semester off right with Winter Carnival! With keeping to the Blugold Flight Plan, students should expect to see a mixture of new events and modified Winter Carnival favorites.
Sunday, Feb. 7th
Winter Art Contest
- How do you get cozy and scratch that creative itch in the winter? Do you like fiber arts, draw, paint, or get outside and build a snowperson? Well, we want to see what you’re working on! Tag UAC in your winter art creation on Instagram! You’ll be able to vote for your favorite tomorrow on UAC’s Instagram Story! The winner will receive a craft kit!
Monday, Feb. 8th
Winter Carnival Stickers
- Keep your eyes peeled for Winter Carnival stickers on lower campus!
Winter Art Contest Voting
Tuesday, Feb. 9th
Comedian Jeff Scheen at 7:00 pm
- Jeff Scheen is a comic. His off-beat humor and affable demeanor pairs well with his expressive, yet stupid, face. Growing up in Northern Michigan surrounded by trees and dirt roads will make any kid a weirdo, and Jeff has no problem telling you about it. No event registration.
https://uwec-edu.zoom.us/j/83780187433?pwd=bFBXbi9FOFIyVFpieXRVbE5HVWlXQT09 Passcode: 472573
Wednesday, Feb. 10th
Pay It Forward and "Snow" Some Kindness
- Spread some kindness and good vibes! Keep your eyes peeled for positive notes on campus, and don’t be afraid to leave some notes yourself
Thursday, Feb. 11th
Show Shoeing from 5:00 - 7:00 pm
- Join Campus Recreation at the Ropes Course main entrance on upper campus for a nighttime walk! Dress for the weather and keep warm by the firepits! Please don't forget to bring your mask and stay distanced.
Friday, Feb. 12th
Singer Songwriter Slam at 6:00 pm
- This is the perfect opportunity to have fun while sharing original content with your fellow Blugolds. All material must be original and should be up to 5 minutes long. The winner of the Singer Songwriter Slam will receive a paid Cabin performance in the fall! Email firstname.lastname@example.org Friday, Feb. 5th to let us know you are interested.
Saturday, Feb. 13th
Group Ex-athon - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- About - Join Group Ex for a marathon of fun! Classes will be 15-20 minutes in length with a 5-minute rest period between each class type.
- Join us online: Join us on Zoom. You are welcome to stay for one or all classes! Or join us for Trivia on the “UW Eau Claire Group Exercise Facebook page” during the event.
- Join us in-person: Only 12 spots available. Reservations are required. We ask that only those committed to the entire marathon attend in person. If you make a reservation and can no longer attend, please cancel your reservation.
10-10:20: Warm up/Cardio with Abby
12:25-10:40: Strength and Tone with Erin
10:45-11:05: Barre with Olivia
11:10-11:25: Zumba with Hanna
11:30-11:50: Yoga with Maggie
- To Register: use the UWECrec App or log in to https://recservices.uwec.edu/
Zoom log in details will be posted on “UW Eau Claire Group Exercise” facebook page the morning of