Skip to main content

Apply for financial aid

You may be able to receive financial aid as a graduate student at UWEC. Although not all of the same types of aid are available for graduate students, you can apply to see what options are available to you. Follow the steps below to apply for financial aid as a graduate student.

The steps needed to apply for financial aid as a graduate student depend on whether you completed a FAFSA in the previous year.

If you completed a FAFSA in the previous year

You can simply renew your FAFSA for the next year with updated information. 

If you do not have a FAFSA on file from the previous year

You will need to complete a new FAFSA application.
You can apply as early as October 1st.
The UWEC school code is: 003917

Step 2

You can check your financial aid status within MyBlugold CampS and provide any additional information requested.  Your financial aid file must be complete before you can be awarded financial aid.

** The federal government will select some students to complete a verification of their financial aid application. If you are selected, you will be contacted by UWEC and we will work closely with you to compile documents needed for verification.

Step 3

You will receive a financial aid award letter from UWEC.  We begin to award graduate students in June.

Step 4

Review your financial aid package and decide to accept or decline your loans. 

Accept/decline your award
Note: If you have military or veteran status, there are additional benefits and resources available to you.


We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message