There are a lot of ways you can contribute to the campus in the name of sustainability! Join our mailing list, Submit a proposal, Become a voting member, or Join our executive board.
Attend our Weekly Meetings
The Student Office of Sustainability will meet once a week, every Wednesday, from 5 to 6 PM.
Our meetings will now be held in person, and the S.O.S. will meet in the Center for Writing Excellence, McIntyre Library, second floor.
If you are unable to attend the weekly meetings or need to self-isolate due to COVID-19 precautions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend virtually.
Join our email list
Send your email to us at email@example.com to receive weekly General Assembly communications via email. Request to be taken off anytime!
Submit a proposal
- Do you have a great idea on how to positively impact our campus community through a sustainable initiative and just need the funding to make it a reality? That's what we're here for!
- Submit a proposal form to firstname.lastname@example.org the Sunday before the meeting you'd like to present.
- Proposal presentation is a process, requiring an introduction the first week and then a reintroduction and vote the second week. Proposals over $5000 will then need to be presented to student senate, following the same 2-week process, after passing through the SOS.
Become a Voting Member
Take your involvement to the next level by applying to serve as one of the eleven members of our General Assembly who vote on submitted proposals. Fill out your application below and submit it through Google Forms. Still, have questions? Reach out to our Student and Senate Directors at email@example.com.
Current Vacancies: Yes
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all Voting Member positions are filled
Become a member of our Executive Board
There are five coordinator positions within the S.O.S. Executive Board.
- Communications and Media Coordinator
- Education Coordinator
- Design Coordinator
- Events and Activism Coordinator
- Operations Coordinator
Each position has a unique set of responsibilities outlined in the S.O.S. Executive Board bylaws. To read each full position description, visit the S.O.S. 2022-2023 Bylaws.
Interested in joining our team of students? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for updates on when positions will be open for application.
Current Vacancies: 1
Positions Open: Operations Coordinator
Along with high-impact experience internships within the UW-Eau Claire Student Office of Sustainability's Executive Board, our General Assembly chooses to fund numerous campus and community internships for our students. Within the 2022-2023 Fiscal year, the S.O.S. has chosen to support:
University of Wisconsin Divestment Coalition
UWDC Website: www.uwdivestment.com