See the steps below for details on the process of applying to join the program.
If you are thinking of nominating a student but need more information or wish to discuss, please contact us at McNair@uwec.edu.
Prospective McNair scholars:
To learn more or to find out if you are eligible for the McNair Program, take our eligibility self-check.
The recruitment process is as follows:
- Scholars may self-nominate for the McNair program or be nominated by a faculty/staff member.
- Potential scholars are recruited through academic departments, faculty nominations, student organizations, and direct outreach to students.
The application, review, and acceptance process is as follows:
- Determine eligibility and meet with McNair staff to learn more about the program.
- Complete the McNair application.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to interview for the program. Interviews are ongoing until the program fills.
- Accepted students are notified by email.
Faculty, staff, and students interested in learning more about McNair should contact program staff.
**If you have any questions about the application process we encourage you to visit us in SSS 106 or email us at McNair@uwec.edu.