Study Away Insurance Plan (Domestic)
Study Away Insurance Plan (Domestic-Study)
When studying away from UWEC campus, there are many exciting and educational aspects of the experience. Unfortunately, there may also be some concerns about health, wellbeing, and safety. One way to help reduce some of those concerns is to enroll in an optional insurance plan, called Study Away Insurance Plan.
UW-System now encourages all participants studying away from their UW campus, but within the United States, to consider purchasing domestic travel insurance through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). UW System Administrative Policy 145 The domestic travel insurance policy, which is secondary to your personal insurance, is very similar to the CISI coverage participants have when studying abroad.
This coverage is for travel within the United States and at least 100 miles away from campus. The current cost is $48.12/mo per enrollee (verify with CISI for rate changes). Click CISI - Study Away Plan for specific details and information on the Coverage Plan.
Study Away Insurance Plan includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Emergency Reunion
- Trip Cancellation / Trip Delay
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Natural Disaster Evacuation
The program's supervisor, faculty advisor, or event-owner is responsible for
- coordinating the registration process,
- completing this eForm Study Away Program Requirements - Auto Start Assessment and,
- completing and sending this Study AwaySpreadsheet to CISI (email@example.com).
For additional instructions, click Study Away eForm Instructions.