The Shamrock Shuffle is a FUN, non-timed 5k + run/walk fundraiser. It is normally held the first Saturday before Saint Patrick's Day.
Shamrock Shuffle | (all ages)
This 5k+ fun run/walk is hosted and sponsored by UW-Eau Claire’s University Recreation & Sport Facilities department. Our event takes place on Saturday, March 9, 2019 and is a great way to kick off your 5k season. The route starts on UW-Eau Claire’s upper campus, down the infamous Garfield Avenue hill, over the scenic university footbridge and follows the river up the beautiful Chippewa Valley River trail. The race is a loop that begins and ends at the McPhee Physical Education Center. Our race is open to any fitness level.
Feeling competitive? We have a race clock at the finish line so you are able to time and track your personal progress. Interested in enjoying a scenic run or walk with friends? Enjoy the views at a comfortable pace. Strollers are welcome if you want to make this a fun event for the entire family!
- In-person Pre-race Registration ends at 4:30 p.m. on March 8.
- Same day registration begins at 8am in the McPhee Indoor track. Shirts will be first come, first served. Cash or check only. No credit card machines.
Little Leprechaun 1k for Kids (ages 3-10)
The little Leprechaun 1k takes place behind McPhee Physical Education Center on a wooded nature loop. You can meet us at the starting line or walk with us at 8:50am if you are unsure of the location. UW Eau Claire’s Mascot, Blu, will be there to greet runners and cheer them on! Each child receives a race bib, t-shirt and a prize for participating! There will be snacks available to fuel up after the race!
Littlest Leprechaun .1k Toddle (walkers - 2)
This FREE event is for our littlest participants! Children can toddle, push a toy or hold their parents hand down one straight length on the McPhee Indoor Track! Each “racer” will receive an actual bib as a keepsake to commemorate their first ever individual fitness event! UW- Eau Claire’s Mascot, Blu, will be there to cheer them on! The event will end in time for them to be loaded into a stroller if guardians are planning on pushing them during the 5k event! This is a great opportunity for them to get the “wiggles out” prior to the 5k! Only 24 spots are available so register soon!
Event Details & Schedule
Event Details and Schedule
- February 21, 2018: Team and Individual Youth or Adult guaranteed t-shirt registration deadline. (we will purchase additional shirts for those that register after this deadline but cannot guarantee a size or a shirt)
- March 8, 2018: online registration closes at midnight
- March 9, 2018 before 4:30pm: In-person | adult and youth registration only
- March 10, 2018 between 8am and race start Race day individual youth and adult same day registration fees apply
Day of Event Schedule
- 8:00 a.m. Same day registration or race packet pick up
Race Start Times
- 9:00 a.m. Little Leprechaun 1k
- 9:40 a.m. Littlest Leprechaun Toddle
- 10:00 a.m. Shamrock Shuffle 5k
Park in the CVTC south lot across from the McPhee Physical Education Center on UW-Eau Claire’s Upper Campus. Watch for signs directing you. Make sure you use the pedestrian bridge to avoid traffic when crossing Clairemont Avenue.
After crossing Clairemont Avenue, watch for signs that will direct you where to enter McPhee. When entering the indoor track/registration area, we will greet and direct runners to the correct table to pick up race packets if already registered, or to the same day registration table.
What to bring
All you need to wear is comfortable, weather appropriate running clothes. We will have a water station at the race start/end. If you require additional hydration during the race, please bring your own water bottle.
Wherever you go and whatever you do, May the luck of the Irish be there with you.