- Regents Awards for Teaching Excellence for the College of Health Sciences and Human Services, Murray State University (2005).
- Movement Studies
- Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity
- Sociology of Sport and Physical Activity
- Cancer Recovery & Fitness Lab
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)
Research and Creative Activities
- Anxiety and Sport Performance
- Exercise and Cancer Recovery
- Quality of Life
Wiggins, M. S., &Hauser, B. (2015). Psycho-physiological benefits in a rehabilitative exercise program: A Cerebral Palsy case study. Advanced Studies in Medical Sciences, 3, 15-22. http://dx.doi.org/10.12988/asms.2015.583
Wiggins, M. S. (2014). Exercise and perceived quality of life during survivorship: A pilot study comparing traditional and non-traditional cancer recovery programs. Advanced Studies in Medical Sciences, 2, 31-36. http://dx.doi.org/10.12988/asms.2014.31212
Cremades, J. G., Wated, G., &Wiggins, M. S. (2011). Multiplicative Measurements of a Trait Anxiety Scale as Predictors of Burnout. Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, 15, 220-233.
Wiggins, M. S. (2011, September). Increasing Perceived Quality of Life in Cancer Survivors: Traditional vs. Non-Traditional Weight Training Programs. Paper presented at the Association of Applied Sport Psychology National Conference, Honolulu, HI.
Wiggins, M. S., &Simonavice, E. M. (2010). Cancer prevention, aerobic capacity, and physical functioning in survivors related to physical activity: A recent review. Cancer Management and Research, 2, 157-164.
Wiggins, M. S., &Simonavice, E. M. (2009). Quality of life benefits in cancer survivorship with supervised exercise. Psychological Reports, 104, 421-424.
Cremades, J. G., &Wiggins, M. S. (2008). Direction and intensity of trait anxiety as predictors of burnout among collegiate athletes. Athletic Insight –The Online Journal of Sport Psychology, 10(2).
- Ed.D. Social-Psychology Kinesiology, 1995, University of Northern Colorado
- M.S. Physical Education/Sport Psychology, 1986, University of North Texas
- B.S. Physical Education, 1985, University of North Texas