- Principles of Accounting
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Financial Accounting Integration
Research and Creative Activities
- Financial Reporting Quality
- Credit Ratings
- Corporate Governance
- Ph.D., Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
- M.S.A., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- B.B.A., Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
- Passed all exams required for Certified Public Accountant at California State
- Inactive Certified Public Accountant at Korean Institute
- Sunwoo, H., Law, J., Lee, W., & Oh, S. (2021). The importance of organizational context for the relation between human capital investment and firm performance: Evidence from labor unions. Journal of Management Accounting Research, 33 (1), 197-217, doi: 10.2308/jmar-19-009.
- Cho, H., Han, S., Oh, S., & Sunwoo, H. (2020). Optimistic Credit Rating and its Influence on Corporate Decisions: Evidence from Korea. Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, 27 (5), 612-629, doi: 10.1080/16081625.2017.1419879.
- Baik, B., Han, S., Kim, B., & Oh, S. (in press, 2020). Financial Reporting Quality of Privately Held Firms: Evidence from Private Corporations versus Limited Companies. Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics., doi: 10.1080/16081625.2020.1828104.
- Shin, J., Hyun, J., Oh, S., & Yang, H. (2018). The Effects of Politically Connected Outside Directors on Firm Performance: Evidence from Korean Chaebol Firms. Corporate Governance: An International Review, 26 (1), 23-44, doi: 10.1111/corg.12203.
- Lee, W., Oh, S., Yim, S., & Yu, K. (2017). Allocation of Cash Flows in Unionized Firms. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 53 (4), 932-951, doi: 10.1080/1540496X.2016.1234371.
- Baik, B., & Oh, S. (2016). Dividend Payout Policy of Foreign Limited Liability Companies. Journal of Financial Regulation and Supervision, 3 (1), 153-164.
- Oh, S., Kim, Y., & Lee, J. (2015). The Changes in Value Relevance in Korean Capital Market over 20 Years. Study on Accounting, Taxation and Auditing, 57 (1), 1-38.
- Lee, J., & Oh, S. (2015). The Case of Accounting Method for Financial Instruments: Sunkwang's Equity Investment. Korean Accounting Journal, 24 (1), 181-221.
- Hyun, J., Ahn, T., Oh, S., & Cho, H. (2014). The Changes in Matching between Revenue and Expense: The Effect of Financial Structures. Korean Accounting Review, 39 (1), 43-76.
- American Accounting Association
- Korean Accounting Association