Research and Creative Activities
- Spectroscopy of Molecular Triplet Species
- Quantum Chemistry
- Current funding of $334,554 (NSF Research in Undergraduate Institutions Program Award, 2020-23)
- Postdoctoral Associate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Robert Field, mentor)
- Ph.D., Harvard University (William Klemperer, mentor)
- A.M., Harvard University
- B.S. in Chemistry with Highest Distinction, University of Virginia
Anna G. Sessions*, Michael P. McDonnell*, Drew A. Christianson*, and Stephen Drucker, Triplet and Singlet (n,π*) Excited States of 4H‐Pyran-4-one Characterized by Cavity Ringdown Spectroscopy and Quantum-Chemical Calculations, Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 123, p. 6269 (2019).
Ashley E. Mooneyham*, Michael P. McDonnell*, and Stephen Drucker, Cavity Ringdown Spectrum of 2-Cyclohexen-1-one in the CO/Alkenyl CC Stretch Region of the S1(n,π*)–S0 Vibronic Band System, Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 121, p. 2343 (2017).
Honors and Recognitions
- Dreyfus Foundation Faculty Startup Award for Undergraduate Institutions, 1998
- Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award, 2006
- UW-Eau Claire Chemistry Professor of the Year, 2003 and 2017