Jennifer Chapman received her Ph.D.in Theatre Research with an emphasis in Theatre for Youth from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Her undergraduate work was in both Theatre Studies and Psychology at San Francisco State University. Dr. Chapman conducts research about high school theatre across U.S., and her publications can be found in Youth Theatre Journal, Stage of the Art, as well as in The Oxford Handbook of the American Musical and Ethnodrama: An Anthology of Reality Theatre. Dr. Chapman is an active member of The American Alliance for Theatre &Education (AATE), and she has served on the editorial boards for Youth Theatre Journal and Arts Education Policy Review. Dr. Chapman joined the UWEC faculty in 2008, and previously taught theatre at Albion College in Michigan, Bluffton College in Ohio, and at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- THEA 120 Introduction to Theatre History
- THEA 335 Drama in Education
- THEA 336 Theatre for Youth
- THEA 361/ES 361 Methods for Teaching Theatre Arts
- THEA 421 Touring Theatre
Research and Creative Activities
- High School Theatre across the U.S.
- B.A., San Francisco State University (Theatre Studies & Psychology)
- Ph.D., M.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison (Theatre Research, Theatre for Youth)