Ezgi Akar, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Database management systems, database applications, computer programming languages, data analytics
- Ph.D., MIS, Bogazici University
- M.A., MIS, Bogazici University
- B.S., MIS, Bogazici University
- Dedication to Advancing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (Tier III Project), the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, retrieved on Dec 2022.
- Improving Teaching Practices and Enhancing Student Learning by Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, retrieved on May 2021.
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI by DavidsonX (on edX), an online learning initiative of Davidson College, retrieved on May 2021. (see credential)
- Data science and big data analytics: making data-driven decisions by Massachusetts Institute of Technology xPRO, retrieved on November 2019. (see credential)
- Akar, E. (2022). Let's Get United and #ClearTheShelters: The Factors Contributing to Users' Network Centrality in Online Social Networks. Journal of Information Technology Research, 15(1), 1-18. doi: 10.4018/JITR.299943.
- Ahmed, A., & Akar, E. (2022). An empirical examination of technology and security services in sharing economy. AMCIS 2022 Proceedings.7
- Akar, E., Hakyemez, T.C., Bozanta, A., & Akar, S. (2022). What sells on fake news market?: examining the impact of contextualized rhetorical features on popularity of fake tweets. Online Journal of Communication and Media Technologies, 12(1), e202201. doi: 10.30935/ojcmt/11278.
- Akar, E (2021). Customers' online purchase intentions and customer segmentation during the period of covid-19 pandemic. Journal of Internet Commerce, 20(3), 371-401. doi: 10.1080/15332861.2021.1927435.
- Akar, S., & Akar, E. (2019). Is it a new tulip mania age? a comprehensive literature review beyond cryptocurrencies, bitcoin, and blockchain technology.Journal of Information Technology Research, 13(1), 44-67. doi: 10.4018/JITR.2020010104.
- Akar, E., Mardikyan, S. & Dalgic, T. (2019). User roles in online communities and their moderating effect on online community usage intention: An integrated approach. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, 35(6), 495-509. doi: 10.1080/10447318.2018.1465325.
- Akar, E., & Mardikyan, S. (2018). User roles and contribution patterns in online communities: A managerial perspective. SAGE Open, July-September 2018, 1-19. doi: 10.1177/2158244018794773.
- Akar, E., & Dalgic, T. (2018). Understanding online consumers’ purchase intentions: A contribution from social network theory. Behaviour & Information Technology, 37(5), 473-487. doi: 10.1080/0144929X.2018.1456563.
- Unal, S., Dalgic, T., & Akar, E. (2018). How avatars help enhancing self-image congruence. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising, 12(4), 374-395. doi: 10.1504/IJIMA.2018.095400.
- Unal, S. Dalgic, T., & Akar, E. (2018). Avatars as the virtual world's personality. In Virtual Worlds and Marketing (pp. 33-53). Lady Stephenson Library, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2PA, UK: Cambridge Scholar Publishing.
- Akar, E., & Mardikyan, S. (2016). Factors affecting the adoption of cloud computing: A case of Turkey. KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, 10(1), 18-37. doi: 10.3837/tiis.2016.01.002.
- Ozturan, M., Basarir-Ozel, B., & Akar, E. (2015). A review on methods for the assessment of information system projects. Journal of Information Technology and Applications, 5(2), 117-128. doi: 10.7251/JIT1502117O.
- Akar, E., & Nasir, V.A. (2015). A review of literature on consumers' online purchase intentions. Journal of Customer Behaviour, 14(3), 215-233. doi: 10.1362/147539215X14441363630837.
- Özturan, M., Bozanta, A., Basarir-Ozel, B., Akar, E., & Çoşkun, M. (2015). A roadmap for an integrated university information system based on connectivity issues: Case of Turkey. The International Journal of Management Science and Information Technology, Jul-Sep 2015(17), 1-22.
- Akar, E., & Mardikyan S. (2014). Factors affecting users’ behavior intention to use social media: Twitter case. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 5 (11-1), 85-95.
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- AIS College: AIS Women’s Network
- AIS Chapters: Midwest USA
Previous Professional Experience
- University of Texas at Arlington, Visiting Assistant Professor, Information Systems & Operations Management, 2018-2020
- University of Texas at Dallas, Adjunct Lecturer, Information Systems, Summer 2018