The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Police is committed to providing quality law enforcement services to students, faculty, staff, and visitors. We are proud of our long tradition of working in partnership with members of our on and off-campus community and by joining together with federal, state, county and local law enforcement agencies to understand and address the challenges we face. Our website provides access to information about our department, resources, and services we provide.
We hope you find the information contained in our site helpful and we welcome any questions or suggestions you may have.
To view a summary of 2022, click here.
How to Contact Us
(715) 839-4972 - If you require an urgent but non-emergency response from the officer, you may call the Eau Claire County Communications Center. The officer will then be dispatched for you.
(715) 577-9045 - After hours contacts can be made to this number 24 hours a day for non-emergencies. You may leave a voicemail and an officer is alerted as soon as you have left your message. Be sure to leave a phone number you can be reached at as well as what type of assistance you require.
(715) 836-2222 - You may contact our main office during normal business hours which is currently Monday - Friday, 7:45 am – 4:30 pm.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please dial 911.
105 Garfield Avenue
PO Box 4004 CWC119
Eau Claire, WI 54701
You may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: We check messages once daily so if you require more immediate assistance, please use one of the phone numbers above.
Eau Claire County Crime Stoppers
You can contact the Eau Claire County Crime Stoppers by calling 715-874-8477 or visiting their website.
To provide and maintain a level of excellence in law enforcement through training, education and ethical discipline. We strive to provide a friendly atmosphere in which all individuals on campus can feel safe and secure.
We are a state-certified police agency vested with providing law enforcement services for UW - Eau Claire at all times. We actively patrol with marked police vehicles supported by bicycle and foot patrol officers whenever possible.
Our staff consists of a Chief of Police, a lieutenant, two sergeants, a detective, six full-time officers, one part-time officer, and a full time police services assistant. We supplement our workforce by hiring UW-Eau Claire students for clerical assistance and Campus Safety Officer (CSO) duties.
All officers have obtained law enforcement-related degrees and completed police recruit training (720 hours) as required by the State of Wisconsin. They have also completed over 500 additional hours of field training within the department before proceeding to solo patrol duties.
As of 2023:
- 27% of our staff have completed master's degrees, 55% bachelor's degrees, and 18% associate degrees
- Almost 60% of our staff are UW-Eau Claire Alumni
- 27% of our staff are women, which compares to a national average of approximately 12% in the law enforcement field
- Mid-States Organized Crime Information Center (MOCIC)
- Wisconsin Internet Crimes Against Children
- Regional Peer Support Team
- CVTC Emergency Services Education Center
- Wisconsin Association of Women Policing
The Risk Management and Safety Office will handle all Driver Authorizations for UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff and students.
The University Police does not currently participate in a Police Patch Exchange Program. We certainly wish you the best of luck with your collection and thank you for your support of law enforcement.