Several departments across campus offer professional development for faculty and staff. We encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities. Check out the links below for more information regarding workshops currently being offered across campus.
Set up student scheduling and get a refresher on how to issue notifications for academic concerns.
- Navigate refresher on how to set up student scheduling hours or when to issue notifications for academic concerns in your class.
Tier 2 EDI programming provides participants with the conceptual framework, opportunities for self-reflection and group discussion, and skill-building experience necessary for being an effective advocate for equity and diversity.
- At-Risk Mental Health for Faculty and Staff
- CETL Reading Group: Inclusive Day-to-Day Teaching
- Civil Rights Pilgrimage
- Classism in Higher Education
- EDI Independent Film Viewing Series: The US and the Holocaust
- Inclusion and Access Lunch and Learn: Access Technology Demonstration and Conversation with Professor Emeritus Dr. Kathie Schneider
- Inclusion and Access Lunch and Learn: Accessible Presentations and Documents
- Inclusion and Access Lunch and Learn: Canvas Accessibility
- Independent Film Viewing: Writing Disability Panel
- Q Fest Closing Night: Big Boys
- Q Fest Opening Night: Every Body with River Gallo and Alicia Roth Weigel
- Recognizing and Responding to Microaggressions in the Workplace
- Safe Space Training
- Sexual Assault Bystander Intervention Training
- Suicide Prevention Training for Faculty & Staff
- Supporting Student Mental Health
- The Gender Gap 101
- Trans 101
- UW-System Webinar: Confront & Address Bias Incidents on Campus
- UWEC Accessibility Training for Instructors
UWEC’s Risk Management, Safety and Sustainability (RMSS) Department, in collaboration with UWEC Foundation, is providing free Adult First Aid/CPR/AED (automated external defibrillator) certification training to current UWEC faculty and staff. Classes are being offered in a blended learning format, meaning, you will complete interactive online training and then receive two-hours of in-person classroom training to learn and practice critical lifesaving skills for certification. Dates provided represent the in-class portion of the training where you will practice and demonstrate the skills you learned from your online training.
- First Aid, CPR, AED Training
Friday sessions covering a variety of topics including leadership and Well-being.
- FEAR Workshop
Learning and development opportunities are now available for ALL in leadership positions or looking to be in these roles in the future. (Please note leadership comes at any level and does not depend on a title.) This program explores the fundamentals of leadership through exploration of UWEC-centric practices and through general leadership principles through a common language via Franklin Covey offerings, including the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, 6 Critical Practices and Leading at the Speed of Trust for Leadership. Registration is open to all employees.
- 6 Critical Practices for Leadership (Session 1)
- 6 Critical Practices for Leadership (Session 2)
- 6 Critical Practices for Leadership (Session 3)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - (Session 1)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - (Session 2)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - (Session 3)
- Communication, Budget, and Working with Others
- Employee Performance Management
- Hire to Retire
- Leadership at the Speed of Trust (optional)
- Policies, Benefits & Career
The Teams service enables instant messaging, audio and video calling, rich online meetings, mobile experiences, and extensive web conferencing capabilities.
- Integrated Web Applications
Qualtrics is a university supported survey software. This program offers a variety of survey options, survey appearance, survey statistics, and mass distribution options. The Qualtrics workshops will show learners how to create a basic survey, download results into Excel/Word, and how to create panels in order to distribute a survey to email list of participants.
- Course Evaluations
Remark is the new software on UWEC's campus to replace the old scantron sheets and machines.
- Remark Test Grading (scantron replacement) Training
Human Resources is excited to offer free, in-person professional development opportunities with UW-Eau Claire employee Gerry Preciado. Gerry has worked with City Managers, Executive Leadership teams, Presidents, and Chancellors of universities, as well as front line managers and supervisors to identify and remove dysfunctional wedges. After spending several years as an employment law trial attorney, he realized that by the time his clients called him it was too late, damage was already done. Gerry spent several years developing an approach to leading and managing people while empowering them to positively navigate conflict and other workplace challenges before it became "too late" for them. He has helped countless groups move from dysfunction and discord to productive and harmonious teams.
- The Maxims of Change: Four Keys to Positive Sustained Change
- The Wedge: A Simple Metaphor to Improve All Your Relationships at Work
- Understanding Your Role as a Leader: Leader v. Manager
The Firstsource Support Team offers 30-minute individual, small group and department-specific travel training (additional time may be scheduled).
Unravel Your Travel
- Travel authorization – if required
- Best practices for travel booking
- Airfare, lodging, vehicle rental
- Acceptable payment methods
- Cash advance process
- Expense reimbursement
- How to get your expense reimbursement report approved the first time
- Top 5 expense report send back reasons and how to avoid them
- Student travel
- Updates, tips and tools
Contact the Firstsource Support Team, (715-836-3131) of the ASK Center to schedule.