Several departments across campus offer professional development for faculty and staff. We encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities. Check out the links below for more information regarding workshops currently being offered across campus.
Audacity is a voice recording software often used for creating podcasts.
- Introduction to Audacity
Explore various models of leadership through current literature and exercises. The areas to be explored include self-leadership, one-to-one leadership, team leadership, and organizational leadership. These sessions offer discussion, personal awareness and growth exercises for any level of leader.
- Excellence in Leadership - Session 7 + 8
- Excellence in Leadership 1 + 2 - Self-Leadership
- Excellence in Leadership 3 + 4 - One-to-One Leadership
- Excellence in Leadership 5 + 6 - Team Leadership
This program introduces newly promoted, as well as those with minimal or advanced experience, to fundamental supervisory techniques, concepts, and consistent practices.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Performance Management at UWEC
- Representing UWEC
- Servant Leadership at UWEC
- Supervision at UWEC
- What Planet Are They From?
This interactive one-hour session introduces participants to the five UWEC Service Excellence Standards: Approachability, Respect, Responsiveness, Effectiveness, and overall Well-being. All faculty, staff and student employees are encouraged to attend this fun, engaging workshop designed to enhance participants’ knowledge and offer a safe place to practice customer service excellence the Blugold way!
- Blugold Service Excellence
Excel is a spreadsheet management system designed to efficiently collect and sort data.
- Excel Basics
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Mastering Data with Excel Formulas
- Pivot Tables
The Housing and Residence Life Department is offering ongoing professional development and training opportunities to department employees.
- Resident Assistant EDI Film Viewing and Discussion: Danish Girl
- Resident Assistant EDI Film Viewing and Discussion: Frida
- Resident Assistant EDI Film Viewing and Discussion: Ray
- Resident Assistant EDI Film Viewing and Discussion: Selma
- Resident Assistant EDI Film Viewing and Discussion: Skins
Learn how to make a video with iMovie!
- iMovie Basics
Kaltura (also known as My Media) is a recording device for screen and video capture. Users often use Kaltura to create their own videos, tutorials, or recorded presentation. Users also have the ability to upload footage from other devices to Kaltura.
- Kaltura/Canvas (Students)
These trainings are specifically for university supported software (Excel, PowerPoint, Qualtrics, InDesign, etc.) that LTS Training supports.
- Excel: Basics
- Excel: Master Data with Excel Formulas
- Excel: Structure Data with Excel Pivot Tables
- Excel: Visualize Data with Excel Charts
- Illustrator: Basics
- Introduction to Sway
- Photoshop: Basics
- Qualtrics Basics
- Qualtrics: Intermediate
- Wix: Building a Site
Learn more about the Office 365 applications!
Learn how to spice up your PowerPoint presentations!
- Purchasing 101
- Purchasing 102
Purchasing classes for any campus employee who needs to purchase goods or services for use at UW-Eau Claire
- Purchasing 101
Qualtrics is a university supported survey software. This program offers a variety of survey options, survey appearance, survey statistics, and mass distribution options. The Qualtrics workshops will show learners how to create a basic survey, download results into Excel/Word, and how to create panels in order to distribute a survey to email list of participants.
- Qualtrics Basics
- Qualtrics Intermediate
Training's for Recreation staff only
- Campus Connect
- Campus Connect.
- Excellence in Customer Service
This session focuses on the purpose, techniques, and concepts of performance evaluation in support of a performance management process. As part of the process, three main elements are included – planning, communication, and progress reporting – to enhance an employee’s performance, engagement, and productivity.
- Progress Reports Made Simple
Sway is a Microsoft presentation tool. It is free through Office365.
- Sway Basics
Wix is a free online website builder. You can use your own HTML code to make a Wix page, or you can use the website builder (clicking and dragging elements into place). Please note that Wix is NOT the software used for the university website.
Supervisory Management Certificate Program
Faculty and staff at UW-Eau Claire and UWEC-Barron County can develop critical leadership skills through the Continuing Education Supervisory Management Certificate Program at no cost to them or their departments. Attend the three core leadership courses plus six days of elective courses within 5 years to obtain the certificate. Attendees must be approved to participate. Click here to start the approval process. Please contact Scott Janke at JANKESE@uwec.edu or 715-836-3365 for complete information and registration instructions.
- Learning to Lead – core class
- Orientation, Time Management, and Delegations – core class
- Employee Evaluation and Performance Management – core class
- Written and oral communication electives
- Workflow efficiency electives
- Employee engagement and empowerment electives
- Human resources electives
The Firstsource Support Team offers 30-minute individual, small group and department-specific travel training (additional time may be scheduled).
Unravel Your Travel
- Travel authorization – if required
- Best practices for travel booking
- Airfare, lodging, vehicle rental
- Acceptable payment methods
- Cash advance process
- Expense reimbursement
- How to get your expense reimbursement report approved the first time
- Top 5 expense report send back reasons and how to avoid them
- Student travel
- Updates, tips and tools
Contact the Firstsource Support Team, (715-836-3131) of the ASK Center to schedule.