Welcome to UW-Eau Claire!
The information below will guide you through the onboarding process at UW-Eau Claire.
Things to do BEFORE your first day
- Visit UW-Eau Claire's website for information about our campus, services and guiding principles.
- Complete your criminal background check by following the instructions in the email you'll receive from GIS (eServices@geninfo.com).
- Return your signed contract to Human Resources, Schofield Hall Room 226 (faculty and academic staff employees only).
UW System new employee benefits information - you'll spend time going over your specific benefits with a UW-Eau Claire payroll and benefits specialist within 30 days of your hire date. Check out information regarding your benefits by using the Ask Alex tool!
- Complete your I-9 form online using the instructions you received with your offer.
- Complete your new hire paperwork.
- Complete the direct deposit form.
- If you're a faculty or academic staff member, please submit a copy of your official transcripts for your highest degree to the Human Resources office or send electronically to Barbara Hanson, email@example.com
Things to do your FIRST DAY on the job
- Meet with your supervisor and discuss your department rules and guidelines. Ask your supervisor for your username and Campus ID number. Bring this information with you to onboarding.
- Visit the ASK Center (Schofield 230) to:
- Attend Firstsource Onboarding and learn about UW-Eau Claire.
- Bring your work eligibility documents so the Firstsource team can finalize your I-9. If you haven't already done so use this visit to make an appointment for benefits orientation with an HR payroll and benefits specialist.
- Get your Blugold Card. Bring your driver's license or other official picture ID to Blugold Card Services in the Davies Center and get ready to smile for your photo!
- Activate your UW-Eau Claire username/email account. You should've received your username and campus ID number from your supervisor, or check your personal email account for an email also containing this info.
- Review UW-Eau Claire's emergency notification and alert system.
- Parking permit Options. You can either pay in full or have a pre-tax deduction from your paycheck.
Things to do during your FIRST MONTH
- Finalize any benefit enrollments within 30 days of your hire date. If you do not enroll in benefits within this time period you have limited chances to enroll in the future.
- Explore your My UW System portal, a secure area where you can view earning statements, W-2s, leave balances, benefit information, time sheets and leave reporting. Click the "UW-Eau Claire" radio button and log in with your username and password.
- In support of our ongoing commitment at UW-Eau Claire to providing a safe and non-discriminatory environment in which to live, learn, and work; we ask all employees to complete an online training which is available through LawRoom. You will receive an email invite from LawRoom.com assigning you to the training.
- In your My UW System portal, verify your
- contact information
- emergency contact information
- self-identifying data
- Verify office and campus phone information. If incorrect please submit email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your correct information.
- If your home address is incorrect you may correct it within the My UW System Portal.
- If you have been identified as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) watch for an email invite for the required training.
If quality of life is a factor in deciding where to live, then Eau Claire offers the best. With a strong sense of community, growing industries, a low cost of living and a nationally known arts and music scene, it’s hard to find a better place to live.Living it up in Eau Claire
More UWEC resources
Thanks for your interest in UW-Eau Claire. Let's get started!
Select a student category below for admission guidelines, important deadlines and instructions.
NOTE: To complete your application to UW-Eau Claire you will be taken off of this website to access the UW System online admission application.
If you want to apply for employment, please click here.