Welcome to UW-Eau Claire!
You're now part of a dynamic and innovative team that works every day to prepare students for lifelong contributions to society through career, service and personal achievement.
UW-Eau Claire's Mission
We foster in one another creativity, critical insight, empathy and intellectual courage, the hallmarks of a transformative liberal education and the foundation for active citizenship and lifelong inquiry.
Before your first day
- Complete your I-9 form online using the instructions you received with your offer.
- Complete your criminal background check online using the instructions you received via email from HireRight (backgroundchecks@hireRight.com or noreply@hireRight.com).
- Faculty & Academic Staff only
- Return your signed contract to the ASK Center, Schofield Hall 230 (faculty and academic staff only).
- Email a copy of your official transcripts for your highest degree to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Explore UW System's General Employee Information - you'll meet with benefits specialist during your first month.
- Browse UW-Eau Claire's website to learn about our campuses, services and guiding principles.
- Contact us (email@example.com or 715.836.3131) if you have any questions, changes or issues.
On your first day
- Meet with your supervisor
- Discuss your department rules and guidelines.
- Get your username and Campus ID number.
- Visit the ASK Center (Schofield 230)
- Finalize your I-9 by bringing your work eligibility documents
- Attend Firstsource Onboarding and lean about UW-Eau Claire.
- If you haven't already done so use this visit to make an appointment for benefits orientation with an HR payroll and benefits specialist.
- Set-up your direct deposit
- Update your federal and/or state W4
- Get your Blugold Card in Davies. Click here for info.
- Schedule a new professional headshot photo. Click here for info.
- Update your online directory profile. Click here for info.
- Activate your UW-Eau Claire username/email account.
- You should've received your username and campus ID number from your supervisor, or check your personal email account for an email also containing this info.
- Click here for info about activating.
- Signup for campus-wide emergency notifications through Omnilert. Click here for info.
- If you're not walking, biking or taking the bus to work, get a parking permit. Click here for info.
During your first month
- Finalize any benefit enrollments within 30 days of your hire date. If you do not enroll in benefits within this time period you have limited chances to enroll in the future.
- Explore your My UW System portal, a secure area where you can view earning statements, W-2s, leave balances, benefit information, time sheets and leave reporting. Click the "UW-Eau Claire" radio button and log in with your username and password.
- In support of our ongoing commitment at UW-Eau Claire to providing a safe and non-discriminatory environment in which to live, learn, and work; we ask all employees to complete an online training which is available through LawRoom. You will receive an email invite from LawRoom.com assigning you to the training.
- In your My UW System portal, verify your
- contact information
- emergency contact information
- self-identifying data
- Verify office and campus phone information. If incorrect please submit email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your correct information.
- NEW ADDRESS?? You may correct your home address within the My UW System Portal.
- If you have been identified as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) watch for an email invite for the required one-time training.
- If you are not a Campus Security Authority, (there will be a statement on your hire letter if you are) review the following documents to become familiar with our Campus Security Authority guidelines. Who is a CSA? CSA Information.
- If you're an office or administrative support professionals, connect with the Administrative Professionals Collaboration Group (APCG)