There are several very important and time-sensitive steps to applying for the National Student Exchange program, be sure to read the materials carefully.
Interested students must attend an NSE Information Meeting.
NSE is currently in Direct Placement Mode!
There are over 100 schools ready to welcome you for the Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 semester. Contact us to learn more!
The application process, requirements, and timelines for participating in the 2023-2024 exchange will be explained. We encourage you to learn more about this unique exchange program by seeing nse.org.
The NSE Promotion Team offers virtual NSE Info Sessions. The basics of NSE (tuition, financial aid, course options, housing, and research tips) will be discussed as well as answer any questions that you may have. This is a great opportunity to learn more about NSE and get advice on where to go on your NSE adventure. All you need is a computer or phone with audio. Zoom registration requires a .edu email address; please register with your campus-based email address. https://www.nse.org/exchange/info/
Another option is to direct your interest/questions directly to the NSE coordinator at UWEC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the Dean of Students Office for more information: 715-836-2003 or email@example.com
Completed NSE Applications Include:
- A non-refundable application fee.
- A completed NSE application, indicating reasons for your campus selection and why an NSE adventure is for you.
- Reference from your Academic Advisor.
- A completed Budget/Resource sheet.
- An interview with the NSE coordinator and another UW-Eau Claire Faculty or staff member.
- Completed application materials are submitted to the NSE Coordinator on or before the application deadline.
- Direct Placements are made throughout the year. However, the majority of placements are made in March of each year. Placements are governed by the fee plan for exchange, the popularity of certain exchange opportunities, and limitations on the number of students some institutions may send and receive.
Among the selection criteria will be evidence of flexibility and the ability to adapt to short-term relocation, indicators of clear-cut academic and personal goals, and the ability to act as a good representative of UW-Eau Claire and Wisconsin.