There are nearly 200 colleges or universities from which to choose in 49 different states and Guam, the Virgin Islands, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Selecting the right exchange college or university can be a very challenging process as one attempts to become acquainted with the curriculum, geography and cultural options offered by a variety of institutions.
UW-Eau Claire's NSE coordinator maintains a library of NSE catalogs and other public relations materials to help you identify those colleges and universities most compatible with your goals for participation in NSE.
The professors afforded me opportunities that I would not have received elsewhere and the experiences I received in Alaska were pivotal to my career goals.
Here are some important questions to consider:
- What academic and personal goals do I hope to achieve while on exchange?
- Which institution can best help me accomplish my goals?
- Will the exchange enhance my professional plan?
- How will my graduation be affected?
- Do I have sufficient financial resources for this experience?
- What do I know about my potential host campus and region?
- Is it sufficiently different to make it an interesting experience?
- Do placement statistics from recent placement conferences indicate I'm identifying realistic alternatives in my list of school choices?
- How will my classes transfer back to UW-Eau Claire?