Home Away from Home

With the exciting renovation and construction of traditional residence halls on campus, now is the perfect time for UW-Eau Claire students to begin exploring all the outstanding options for the 2018-2019 academic year.


Next steps to secure 2018-2019 housing

Student can pay deposit anytime.

Applications available at My Housing Portal. Watch for assignment information via email

Contract Information

After May 1st, Haymarket 12 month contract options no longer available as this facility is used for summer housing and summer conferences. Aspenson Mogensen offers 12 month contracts only and student may preference this an option on the housing application after May 1st with the understanding that any assignment or move-in after the contract beginning of June 1st will not result in any prorated fees. The student agrees to pay the entire 12 month contract fees.

Looking for housing for 2019-2020?

Watch for information regarding the returning student reapplication process coming in September.

Frequently Asked Questions

We are very excited that you are interested in the awesome opportunity to be an RA to enhance your leadership skills, assist fellow students, network on campus, and build your resume.

  • Academic Year RA hiring process begins in the beginning of the previous spring term
  • Spring Term hiring process begins in middle of fall term for the next spring term

If you would like to live on campus and have not yet heard about the RA position decision, then you should submit your materials to get on the waitlist. The RA hiring process is very competitive and since you are not 100% sure if you have the job yet or not, make sure you lock in your spot for on campus housing that you are happy with. If you are hired, you will be refunded the $75 housing deposit and you will be assigned an RA room.

Yes! You can decide what works best for you. There is cost saving if you select a 12-month yearly contract versus selecting a 9-month academic year contract and then decide to add on the summer contract later. Review 9 month and 12 month rates here.

Summer Rates:

  • Traditional Residence Hall: $13-$16 per night
  • Haymarket prices vary based on unit: $33-$40 per night
  • Chancellors=$20 per night

Must live in Chancellors for spring 2018 or fall 2018 to live there for summer 2018.

Yes! Individuals with 9 month-academic term contracts and 12-month yearly contracts can choose to live together during the school year.

I have a 12-month yearly contract at Haymarket but all my roommates have 9 month-academic term contracts. Will I stay in the same unit for the entire length of my 12-month yearly contract? Will I have roommate for the summer term?

Yes! Once you select your room, this is your assignment for the entire 12-month yearly contract.  If you have roommates that signed 9-month academic term contracts, you may be assigned different roommates for summer only.

You can submit a request for a contract change in My Housing Portal, My Application until May 1. You will be locked in to the select contract term after May 1.

I will be study abroad spring term or graduating in December, thus I do not need housing for spring term. What are my options?

All returning student building options and contract lengths are available. You select the contract term that fits your situation if you want to move-in beginning June then a 12-month yearly contract or September then select a 9-month academic term contract, you decide.  Under the Board of Regents policy any individual that is verified to graduate in December or study abroad for spring term will have their spring portion of the housing contract terminated.
When you sign the housing contract, you will sign either a 9 month-academic term or 12 month-yearly term contract. If your plans change and you will not study abroad or graduate, you will be held to the full terms of the contract you have signed.

Only requests with supporting medical documentation will be reviewed. Contact the Services for Students with Disabilities Office at or 715-836-5800.
All requests will be reviewed by SSD and the Director of Housing. You will be notified on your request status via email. All requests should be received by the first Friday in October for the next academic year. All approved requests will receive specific sign up instructions upon approval

Meal plans are optional for Chancellors, Haymarket, Priory, and Aspenson Mogensen Hall as these locations have kitchen facilities accessible to student. Meal plans are required at the Clarion Hotel. Student may select a meal plan at My Housing Portal beginning in May and must select one online by August 1st. Student may also make a change to their selected plan online in My Housing Portal. Any changes after August 1st must be made in person at the Blugold Card Office.

Only transfer students will be eligible to live in the returning student building options. If you would like to request a transfer student, the transfer student must designate this on their housing application and the current student needs to email indicating that they are requesting transfer student with first name, last name, and birthdate.

Parking is purchased online. Watch during spring term for information from Blugold Central on information to purchase R for central campus residence hall students, W or Aspenson Mognesne underground for Aspenson Mognesen student or Haymarket underground or City of Eau Claire parking for Haymarket Residents.

Room availability will be based on your lottery number. What you see during your sign up time will be the options.  Your roommate group and/or you should have a first, second, and third option as you go into the room selection process.

Individuals who have an assignment may submit a room change request form at My Housing Portal, My Bookings, Room Change. Individuals on the waitlist must wait to have an official assignment before a room change request can be completed. There is no guarantee housing will be able to accommodate your room change request but we will certainly try as other room changes and cancellations occur.

All single options are first come first serve and depend on what is available during your scheduled lottery sign up time.

  • Haymarket offers studio and 1 bedroom single options
  • Aspsenon Mogensen offers 1 bedroom single options ? 
  • Priory Hall offers all single traditional residence hall style rooms ? 
  • Chancellors, Haymarket and Mogensen offer options for single bedrooms within a shared apartment

Please review the information on the spring semseter application page here.

No subleasing is allowed in any University Sponsored Housing including Aspenson Mogensen and Haymarket Landing.

students moving into residence halls

Room Assignment and Move-In Information

Students returning to the residence halls have a different move-in process and timeline to adhere to when they arrive on campus for the start of the academic year.

Find out more
We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message