While the semester feels as though it has just begun, the time has come to start thinking about where you want to live next school year. Skip the hassle of dealing with a pesky landlord and enjoy the seamless process of applying to live on campus.
We are excited about the housing improvements we have for the upcoming year with the addition of our new suite-style residence hall and renovations to Karlgaard Towers.
Governors Hall will be under renovation for the 2020-2021 academic year with expected completion Fall 2021.
Next steps to secure 2020-2021 Housing
1) Pay $75 Housing Deposit
2) Complete 2020-21 Housing Contract
Contracts available December 11th-March 9th to qualify for second round selection occurring in March at My Housing Portal.
You will select your preferred contract length on your housing contract. You have two options:
- 9 month contract(August 30, 2020-May 22, 2021)=Residence Halls, Chancellors, The Suites, Priory, and Haymarket
- 12 month contract (June 1, 2020-May 22, 2021)=Aspenson Mogensen
3) Lottery Number
If you will qualify for the March Selection Process, lottery numbers will be available Friday, March 13th at Noon @ My Housing Portal.
4) Room Selection
Frequently Asked Questions
I am applying to be an RA
I am applying to be an RA, should I go through the Room Selection Process?
We are excited that you are interested in the awesome opportunity to be an RA to enhance your leadership skills, assist fellow students, network on campus, and build your resume.
- Academic year RA hiring process starts in the beginning of each spring term for the next academic year. Look on Handshake for application information.
- Spring term RA hiring process starts in the middle of fall term for the next spring. Look on Handshake for application information.
ANSWER: Yes, if you want to live on campus next academic year regardless of the RA position, then you should submit your housing contract and deposit and ultimately select your room assignment for next academic year. The RA process is very competitive and since you are not 100% sure if you will have the job or not, make sure to lock in your space on campus that you are happy with. If you are hired, you will be refunded the $75 housing deposit and you will be assigned to an RA room.
Can I change my original contract term?
You can submit a request for a contract change at My Housing Portal, Manage 20-21, contract and see contract change.
What are the contract options if I am studying abroad?
I will be study abroad spring term or graduating in December, thus I do not need housing for spring term. What are my options?
- You will sign the 2020-2021 housing contract for two semesters. Then during fall term, you will need to request cancellation of your spring portion of the contract based on graduation or study abroad. Housing will verify with the appropriate University office and cancel your contract if verified.
I will be study abroad for fall and only need spring term housing. Do I go through this room selection process.
- No, you will need to sign the contract only for spring term and the contract for this is available now.
What if I have a medical room accommodation request?
Only requests with supporting medical documentation will be reviewed. Contact the Services for Students with Disabilities Office at email@example.com or 715-836-5800.
All requests will be reviewed by SSD and the Director of Housing. You will be notified on your request status via email. All requests should be submitted by November 1st for the next academic year. All approved requests will receive specific sign up instructions upon approval. All students who have approved accommodations for 2018-2019 do need to go through the process to renew their accommodation for 2019-2020.
Are meal plans required and how do I sign up?
- Meal plans are required in any residence hall double and The Suites.
- Meal plans are optional at Chancellors, Aspenson Mognesen, Haymarket, and Priory.
- Student may select a meal plan at My Housing Portal beginning in May.
- If a meal plan is required and a meal plan is not select, students will be defaulted to the Platinum meal plan.
How do I request an incoming student as my roommate?
Freshman are only eligible for residence hall double spaces. If you are able to select a residence hall double space during your lottery time, immediately after you select the room, email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that you have selected a room and want to hold the other half for an incoming freshman student. Include name of building and room number as well as requested roommate’s first name, last name, and birthdate.
Transfer students are eligible for any campus living location. Immediately after you select your room, please email email@example.com to notify us that you want to hold a space within your assignment for an incoming transfer student. Include the building name and room number as well as the requested roommate first name, last name, and birthdate.
How do I secure parking after getting a room?
Parking is purchased online. Watch during spring term for information from Blugold Central on information to purchase R for central campus residence hall students, W or Aspenson Mogensen underground for Aspenson Mogensen student or Haymarket underground or City of Eau Claire parking for Haymarket Residents.
What if my desired room type I want is not available?
Room availability will be based on your lottery number. What you see during your sign up time will be the options. Your roommate group and/or you should have a first, second, and third option as you go into the room selection process.
Will I be able to go on a waitlist after room selection?
- The returning student waitlist will be available beginning February 3 at My Housing Portal.
- Students must have an assignment to qualify for the waitlist which will be accessible at My Housing Portal, Bookings, Waitlist. There is no guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your request but we will certainly tray as room change and cancellation occur.
- 9 month academic term contract waitlist requests will be processed until August 1, 2020. 12 month yearly contracts waitlist requests will be processed until May 1, 2020.
- If there are requested roommates, all roommates must submit a request to verify that this is a mutual request.
I want a single room. What are my options?
All single options are first come first serve and depend on what is available during your scheduled lottery sign up time.
- Haymarket offers studio and 1 bedroom single options
- Aspenson Mogensen offers 1 bedroom singles
- Residence Hall Singles Only Offered in Towers and Sutherland
Where is Gender Inclusive Housing offered?
Rainbow Floor (Towers South 7th Floor)
As a student selecting Gender Inclusive Housing, you recognize and understand that this community has been designed to meet the needs of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, and Asexual community members and allies. This is an inclusive community committed to social justice and the celebration of people of diverse sexualities and genders.
You may select this community as an individual or as part of a roommate group.
On the housing contract, you will be asked to identify your gender inclusive housing preference. You (as well as any roommates) should answer ‘I am interested in the Rainbow Floor.”
Gender Inclusive units in apartments or suites
The purpose of gender inclusive is to allow for a comfortable and safe living environment for students across the gender spectrum. Student interested in gender inclusive housing will be required to exhibit their ability to support suitemates of all forms of gender expression. In gender inclusive areas, the living space is not designated by a person’s sex or gender.
To qualify for an all gender unit, students must establish a roommate group that can fill all available spaces within the unit.
Aspenson Mogensen (2, 3, 4 individuals)
Haymarket (2 or 4 individuals)
Suites (4 individuals)
Chancellors (4 individuals)
I understand that if I live in a gender inclusive unit that my assigned roommates and I are responsible for finding a replacement in the event one of the original assigned individuals leaves the unit. If no one is found, Housing reserves the right to move individuals and return my unit to a single gender space.
To indicate interest in this area and see available spaces during room selection, on the housing contract you will answer a question about your gender inclusive housing preference. You will need to indicate ‘I am seeking gender inclusive housing in the apartments or Suites.” All individuals in the roommate group must also answer the question the same way.
I want to live on campus second semester only?
Please review the information on the spring semester application page here.
I have a roommate preference. How do I select?
New this year: If you have done room selection before, you WILL NOT need a Roommate PIN this year.
To specify a roommate preference, you will need to establish a roommate group by adding and inviting members to a group. The members must accept the invitations.
Can I sublease my apartment space?
No subleasing is allowed in any University Sponsored Housing including Aspenson Mogensen and Haymarket Landing.