Choose the meal plan that works best with your schedule, your budget, and your eating habits!
On-Campus Meal Plans
All students who live in a residence hall must have an on-campus meal plan each semester and can choose from any of the three options below.
Gold Flex Meal Plan
- $1,850 per semester | about $17.30 per day
- Unlimited swipes, seven days a week on upper campus at Riverview Cafe in Hilltop Center
- One ‘To-Go Meal’ per weekday from Riverview Cafe in Hilltop Center to eat outside of the cafeteria
- One ‘Block Meal’ per weekday that can be used anywhere on campus
- 50 Meal Plan Dollars
Blue Meal Plan
- $1,670 per semester | about $15.60 per day
- Weekdays (Monday-Friday)
- 2 Blocks per day – To be used on upper or lower campus
- Weekends (Friday beginning at 4pm, all day Saturday and Sunday until 8pm)
- Upper campus at Riverview Cafe in Hilltop Center
- Come as often as you want and eat what you want
- 50 Meal Plan Dollars
Loyalty Dining Dollars Meal Plan
- $1,370 per semester | about $12.80 per day
- 1,080 Meal Plan Dollars to be used at any campus dining location
Meal Plan Dollars can be used at any campus dining location during each semester. They are used as cash equivalent to make dining purchases, have no cash value and expire at the end of the academic year.
Incoming first-year students as well as returning students living on campus sign-up for their on-campus meal plan online through the Housing Portal.
Off-Campus Meal Plans
Students who live off-campus are not required to have a meal plan. But for those who do wish for a meal plan, two options are available.
- 10% discount at The Dulany Inn in Davies Center and at Riverview Cafe in Hilltop Center
- Weekly member-only specials
- Deposits can be made in person at Blugold Card Services or online through eAccounts
- Unused Diner’s Club dollars do not expire until your relationship with the university ends
Loyalty 50 Meal Plan
- $425 (payment due at the time of purchase)
- 50 Block Meals to be used in any dining facility on campus
- 50 Meal Plan Dollars to be used in any dining facility on campus
- Additional Loyalty 50 meal plans can be purchased online through eAccounts at any time
- Unused ‘Block Meals’ and ‘Meal Plan Dollars’ do not expire until your relationship with the university ends
- Purchase online at eAccounts
Both of the off-campus meal plans can be purchased through eAccounts.
Off-campus students may also select to purchase one of the three On-Campus Meal Plans for added flexibility, quality and convenience. On-Campus Meal Plans can be purchased through the Housing Portal any time before Wednesday, September 13th.
Board Days for the 2023-2024 academic year:
September 2, 2023 - November 21, 2023
November 26, 2023 - December 22, 2023 (breakfast only)
January 27, 2024 - March 15, 2024
March 24, 2024 - May 18, 2024 (breakfast only)
Sign-up dates and next steps
For meal plan selection deadlines and other plan details, please see the Meal Plan Sign Up & Administration Page.
Blugold Card Services administers the sign-up process and meal plan accounts for all students, faculty and staff. If you have difficulties signing up for a meal plan, or if you have questions regarding the billing process, visit Blugold Card Services in Davies Center. You can also contact us via e-mail at BlugoldCard@uwec.edu or call 715-836-4070.
If you need help determining which plan is the best fit for you, please contact Blugold Dining at email@example.com or 715-836-5261.
- As part of campus-wide sustainability efforts, each student will be given a token to use for a ‘To-Go Container.’ When the container is returned, the student will get their token back. There is no cost for the first token. $7 will be charged for each additional token that is issued.
- All Meal Plans, except Diner’s Club and the Loyalty 50 meal plans, include a $290 non-refundable administrative fee which covers utilities, operational upkeep, food service equipment and supplies, furniture, cleaning and administrative salaries for all dining facilities.
- Meal plan dollar balances remaining at the end of first semester will roll over to second semester only if a student has an active on-campus meal plan both semesters. All on-campus meal plan dollar balances remaining at the end of the academic year will expire. Meal plan dollars have no cash value.
- Additional Diner’s Club deposits, Blugold Account deposits and Loyalty 50 Meal Plan purchases can be made online through eAccounts at any time.
- UW-Eau Claire reserves the right to change meal plan rates should costs increase more than anticipated at the time the original rates were established.