Learn how to understand your bill.
Email Notification of Bill
- Students will be notified via their UWEC email address when bills are available to be viewed on 'Financial Account Tile-View My Bills'.
Financial Aid Disbursement (The following policy may be subject to change.)
- Financial aid is applied to University charges and the student receives any remaining amount.
- Refunds issued after the start of the semester.
- Work-study is based on earnings during the academic year and is not disbursed on the student's account at the beginning of the semester. Students receive their paychecks biweekly and may arrange to have them direct deposited into their personal bank account.
Paying Balance Due
- Students are billed on a per semester basis.
- Payments may be made:
- Online with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card. A 2.75% convenience fee will be added to each credit card transaction.
- In person at Blugold Central, Vicki Lord Larson Hall 1108. Hours: 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. Cash, check, money order, traveler's check and bank draft are accepted.
- By mail to Cashier, UWEC, P.O. Box 5000, Eau Claire, WI 54702-5000. Check, money order, traveler's check and bank draft are accepted. We do not recommend sending cash in the mail.
- Always include the student's name, student ID#, and the term(s) for which you are paying.
Minnesota residents should be sure they have completed the MN Reciprocity process. More reciprocity information can be found here. Students not approved for reciprocity will be assessed tuition at the non-resident rate.