While attending UW-Eau Claire, circumstances may arise that require a student to withdraw from the University. If you are considering dropping/withdrawing from ALL of your courses (regardless of how many courses) after the term begins, you are considered to be "withdrawing" from the University.
This procedure is not to be confused with dropping/withdrawing from a single course or several courses. After the term begins, students CANNOT withdraw from the University by attempting to drop/withdraw from all of their classes online. CampS will not allow a student to drop/withdraw from their last class online.
Keep in mind that set withdrawal deadlines are established for each course and your date of withdrawal can have an impact on tuition/fee charges owed to the institution and whether a "W" grade will be assigned to your academic record. See the Academic & Registration Calendar for withdrawal deadlines and the Refund Schedule / Financial Aid Repayment Notice for refund information associated with term withdrawals. The withdrawal deadlines and the refund schedule DO NOT ALWAYS MATCH.
Note: Short-term courses academic and refund deadlines are prorated based on the class length. Information specific to short-term courses is listed below.
A decision to withdraw should be given careful consideration. Withdrawal can have a major impact in terms of veteran's benefits, athletic eligibility, financial aid, student loan repayment deferral, and other situations which have specific consequences from withdrawal. If you are considering withdrawing, you are encouraged to consult with your adviser and the Blugold Central - Bursar's Unit prior to completing the official withdrawal process so that you may discuss the best possible outcomes for your individual circumstances.
Withdrawal Process for Regular Session Courses in Fall + Spring
To Withdraw from All Courses Prior to the Start of Classes
To withdraw from all courses on or after the first day of the classes, please follow the instructions below according to your students status:
Undergraduate Degree-Seeking Students
If you applied and were admitted to UW-Eau Claire to work toward earning an undergraduate degree, please follow these instructions.
1. Speak with an advisor in the Advising, Retention, and Career Center, Vicki Lord Larson Hall Room 2100, 715-836-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org. To help you determine whether you are making the decision that is best for you, the advisor will speak with you about any consequences that may result from a withdrawal, and considerations for returning in the future.
2. If you withdraw within the first ten weeks of the semester, the advisor will be able to provide you access to an online withdrawal form that you must complete and submit to finalize the withdrawal process.
If you are withdrawing within the first two weeks of the semester, there will be no grades posted to your transcript.
If you are withdrawing within week three through week ten, a grade of W will be recorded on your transcript for each course in which you were enrolled.
3. After your submitted withdrawal form has been processed in Blugold Central, you will receive an email notification confirming your withdrawal has been processed.
4. If living on campus, report to your Residence Hall Director to formally check-out of your residence hall or you will continue to be billed for room and board charges. Contact Housing and Residence Life, 715-836-3674 for further instructions.
Graduate and Special/Non-degree Seeking Students
1. Complete and submit the Withdrawal e-Form.
- If you are withdrawing within the first two weeks of the semester, there will be no grades posted to your transcript.
- If you are withdrawing within week three through week ten, a grade of W will be recorded on your transcript for each course in which you were enrolled.
2. After your submitted withdrawal form has been processed in Blugold Central, you will receive an email notification confirming your withdrawal has been processed.
Short-Term Course Information
Due to the length of short-term courses, all academic and refund deadlines are prorated. Refunds resulting from a withdrawal are calculated based on the class length.
The class length calculation is based on the start and end date of the class dates listed on the Class Schedule. The Term Session Information and Dates is available in CampS. This includes the last day to add and withdraw based on the course length.
Consequences of Leaving the University Without Official Withdrawal
If you leave the University without officially withdrawing as per University regulations, you will be charged the full 100% of tuition and fees due to the University. If you are able to document that you have not attended the course(s) for which you registered (non-attendance), you will be assessed 20% of the original fees due, reduced to resident rates, and any late fees or finance charges.
The Refund Schedule / Financial Aid Repayment Notice website also has refund information specific to the length of the course.
The withdrawal deadlines and the refund schedule DO NOT ALWAYS MATCH.