At UW-Eau Claire, we seek students who are curious, innovative and compassionate. We use a holistic approach to admit students. This means that we take into consideration not only your academic career to date, but your experiences outside of the classroom that highlight your drive and determination, compassion for others and ability to thrive here. If this sounds like you, submit your application to join our Blugold family!
UW-System transfer students
Students applying to transfer directly from another University of Wisconsin institution are guaranteed admission if they have earned a 2.0 GPA with at least 24 credits. Admission to UW-Eau Claire does not guarantee admission to a specific academic program.
- If you have completed a year of coursework (approximately 30 transferable credits) you will be considered for admission based on a review of your college records. Most admitted students have a GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- If you have fewer than 30 transferable credits you may be considered for admission based on a review of high school and college records.
- Some majors may require a GPA higher than 2.0 for admission into the university, and you must meet or exceed the GPA for your intended major. Current majors with higher GPA are:
- Elementary Education - 2.5
- Exercise Science - 2.5
- Health Care Administration - 2.75
- Kinesiology - 2.75
- Nursing - 3.0
- Pre-Athletic Training - 2.75
- Rehabilitation Science - 2.75
- Secondary Education - 2.5
- Social Work - 2.5
- Special Education - 2.5
Please note that many programs have a competitive admission process and admission to UWEC does not guarantee admission to a specific major.
Transfer of credits
An evaluation or official list of transferred credits will be prepared for you by the Admissions Office once you have been accepted. The credits you earned at an institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education (CHEA) may be considered for transfer. A maximum of 72 credits will be accepted from two-year colleges, University of Wisconsin Colleges, Wisconsin Technical Colleges or other accredited junior colleges.
Continuing education courses, graduate-level courses, remedial courses or courses that are doctrinal in nature are not transferable. In some cases technical courses may be considered for transfer depending if the quality and content of the coursework is judged to be comparable to coursework at UW-Eau Claire.