Skip to main content


Learn the answers to some frequently asked questions regarding UW-Eau Claire's new processes and application requirements, including a UWEC-specific application, self-reported ACT/SAT scores, and unofficial initial high school transcripts.

What are the application requirements for UW-Eau Claire and UWEC – Barron County?

Your students will be able to submit unofficial documents and scores, which we hope can be accessed by the student. A complete application will require the following:

  • Completed UWEC-specific application, UW System application, or Common App.
  • ACT/SAT test score. (Official test score will be required prior to the first day of classes.)
    Note: In accordance with the resolution made by the UW System Board of Regents, UW-Eau Claire is not requiring test scores for students applying for any term up to and including spring 2025. Choosing to apply test-optional means that your ACT/SAT scores will not be considered as part of your admissions review process. (Click here for more information.)
  • Unofficial initial high school transcript. (Official final transcripts are required post-graduation.)
  • $25 application.
    Note: If the fee is a financial hardship, students will be able to indicate their need for a fee waiver in their application. If they have already submitted their application, they can email to request a fee waiver and explain the reason for their need (e.g. eligible for free and reduced lunch, etc.)
Are recommendation letters required in the admission process?

Recommendation letters are not required in our admissions process.

Do I need to provide the student with an unofficial copy of their high school transcript?

No, if the student has access to an unofficial copy of their transcript within the student information system, and the student is able to access and save the document, they can submit the PDF copy themselves.

What if my student is not able to access an unofficial copy of their high school transcript? How should the transcript be sent instead?

If the student cannot access a copy of their transcript, then you will need to provide either an unofficial or official copy of the student’s transcript for us to process their application. 

Will my student ever need to send an official copy of their high school transcript?

Yes, students that are offered admission and confirm their enrollment will need to provide a final official copy of their high school transcript from the school by July 1. Additionally, students that have graduated high school prior to applying will be asked for a final, official transcript to process their application. 

How can I send an official copy of a student's transcript?

Official copies of the student’s transcript must be sent through a secured delivery service (Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc) or through US Postal Mail. We will not accept faxed or emailed transcripts from the school or from the student for the official copy. 

Can I submit test scores for a student on their high school transcripts?

No. If students choose to have their scores reviewed as part of their application, they can self-report their scores if using the UWEC-specific application or through their MyBlugold CampS portal after activating their UWEC account, or they can send their official scores from the testing agency. If test scores are included on the transcript, they will not be considered in the review of the application.

Does my student need to send their official test scores directly from the testing agency?

Yes, students that confirm their enrollment will also need to provide us with their official test scores (if they did not apply test-optional). Official test scores need to be received prior to the first day of classes. We recommend that if a student is strongly considering attending UW-Eau Claire or UW-Eau Claire — Barron County, they list our institution as one of their 4 schools ACT and SAT will send their scores to free of charge.

What do I need to do to help my students who want to apply?

We do NOT expect you to put in extra work over the summer to send in transcripts for students. Your students will be able to complete their application on their own. Initial unofficial high school transcripts can come from the student’s personal, online account and be attached as a PDF to the application, or you can provide a copy of the most recent unofficial or official transcript. ACT and SAT scores will be entered manually from the test score report by the student in the application.

What is the UWEC-specific application, and how is it different from the UW System application or the Common App?

This is another application platform that allows students the opportunity to apply to UW-Eau Claire and/or UWEC – Barron County. The application will ask the same questions as the current UW System application, and will also allow students to upload an unofficial copy of their high school transcript and self-report their ACT/SAT score. Students who submit this application will not need to complete an additional UW System application for UW-Eau Claire.

Note: Because this application is only for UWEC students, any students who are interested in apply to multiple UW campuses may still want to consider using the UW System application instead.

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message