The Activities, Involvement and Leadership Office currently sponsors two immersion programs that are designed to be hands-on, informative, and high-impact. Both programs are intended to be smaller in size so all students have the opportunity to connect with the communities they are serving and their peers.
Alternative Break Information
Alternative Breaks are great for students who are passionate about social justice looking to spend their holiday break on a productive and interactive service-learning experience. Below is some information about our current Alternative Break programs.
- All trips are open to any UW-Eau Claire undergraduate or graduate students. Student leader positions are also open to any current UW-Eau Claire student.
- The cost for each Alternative Break trip is all-inclusive and includes transportation, food, lodging, and community partner fees. Both experiences are currently supported by the Domestic Intercultural Immersion program that is financially supported by Blugold Commitment Differential Tuition.
- Alternative Break trips are drug, tobacco, and alcohol free.
- All Alternative Breaks trips adhere to the 8 Components of a Quality Alternative Break and the Active Citizen Continuum.
- UW-Eau Claire is a proud member of Break Away: the Alternative Break Connection, Inc., a non-profit organization that supports the development of quality alternative break programs.
Select the program below for more information.