The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's interdisciplinary multimedia communication minor will introduce you to the art of presenting ideas through media.
Exploring courses in English, computer science, art, and communication and journalism, the rigorous minor prepares you to hit the ground running. In addition to better understanding the basic principles of visual design, you'll learn how to gather and edit audio and video and use web-based software and platforms to publish your work. Projects and coursework will also help you to analyze audiences, frame arguments and express yourself clearly both verbally and on paper.
The minor is an excellent choice for students whose careers will require them to communicate with a variety of audiences on multiple channels.
Course variety. A wide range of electives within the multimedia communication minor allow you to study topics that interest you and align with your career goals. You may choose to focus on digital communication with courses in typography and website development or English with courses in science writing and grant proposal writing.
Mentoring from diverse faculty. Throughout the minor, you'll learn from artists, designers, writers, journalists, programmers and photographers. This multidisciplinary approach will surround you with different perspectives and new ways of thinking.
- Digital Imaging and Design
- Multimedia Communication
- Fundamentals of Web Page Design
- Editing and Publications Management
- Compositional Principles of Graphic Design
- Audio and Video Production Process
- Introduction to Photography
- Seminar in Science and Nature Writing
Learn more about the multimedia communication minor in the UWEC catalog.
Thinking about minoring in multimedia communication? Here are other programs you may be interested in exploring.
- Communication - Communication Studies Emphasis
- Communication - Organizational Communication Emphasis
- Computer Science
- Graphic Communications
- Graphic Design
- Integrated Strategic Communication - Advertising Emphasis
- Integrated Strategic Communication - Public Relations Emphasis