The UWEC Communication Sciences and Disorders program is dedicated to developing critical thinking, knowledgeable, and compassionate professionals. The high standards we expect from our students means our graduates are highly sought after professionals even before graduation. Our graduate program boasts 100% of graduates obtaining a job in the field within one year of graduation!
Find out what our graduates are doing now
Did you ever wonder what you can do with a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders? There are many different options and opportunities for graduates of our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Our undergraduates pursue one of two paths:
Continue their education
- Master’s degree in speech-language pathology
- Master’s degree in special education, early childhood education, social work, vocational rehabilitation, family services
- Audiology doctorate
- Sign language interpreter
Enter the workforce
- Speech-language pathology assistant
- Classroom paraprofessional
- Medical supply representative
- Hospital unit clerical support
- Nonprofit agency staff or administration
- Autism line therapist
Graduate students have a number of options
- Pursue a doctoral degree in speech-language pathology/sciences
- Pursue a career as a speech-language pathologist
Join our team of professionals
Are you interested in joining our team of dedicated faculty and staff here at UWEC? We are passionate about communication disorders and are committed to making a difference in the lives of our students and our clients. If you are interested in joining our department, check out the employment opportunities we currently have available.