The College of Education and Human Sciences will be a regional leader in the development of highly competent, critically engaged professionals who enhance the lives of others in an increasingly diverse society.
Integrity + Collaboration + Social Justice
Committed to the highest standards of academic excellence, we prepare students to become engaged professionals who are creative and critical thinkers, evidence informed practitioners, and culturally responsive individuals.
2014-15 Five Year Goals & Action Steps
Five Year Goals
- Academic programs will be innovative, relevant, and responsive.
- Students will participate in an integrative learning experience.
- Students will engage in high-impact practices.
- Faculty, staff, and students will foster a welcoming, safe, and respectful environment. Faculty, staff, and students will draw on principles of equity, diversity, and inclusivity (EDI) to become culturally responsive and promote social justice.
- Faculty, staff, and students will serve the needs of the community through professional and civic engagement.
- Programs will revise curriculum as necessary in light of the new liberal education framework.
- Each program will propose an integrative learning experience to ULEC.
- Departments will track participation in high-impact practices (HIPs).
- Conduct a climate survey of all faculty and staff in the college to assess the environment and then determine what steps can be taken to improve it.
- Review results of campus climate survey.
- Provide safe-space training to faculty and staff.
- Work to define and operationalize "welcoming, safe, and respectful environment".
- The Inclusive Excellence Council will organize and provide at least two EDI focused workshops and/or activities for faculty, staff, and students during the academic year.
- Faculty, staff, and students will participate in at least one meeting or workshop per year where EDI issues are discussed.
- Convene advisory councils to learn about community partner needs.