Student-faculty research projects are very popular with UW-Eau Claire students and are among the most valuable learning opportunities available. Contact REGSS faculty if you are interested in learning more about potential research collaborations.
Rewarded for research
Students in the REGSS Department have many opportunities to conduct research, as well as receive awards for their hard work. Every year, the Gender Studies Consortium (WGSC) honors the wonderful achievements of WGSS students in the UW-System by recognizing their scholarship with a WGSC research award.
In 2019, Zachary Madison was recognized for his research project, “I love exploring the sea!": Re-examining the ocean's role within neoliberal tourism economies.”
In 2021, Yuna Khab was recognized for their research, “Documenting Queer and Trans People of Color (QTPOC) in Predominantly White Institutions (PWI).”
Below are more samples of award-winning student research, as well as award-winning student creative projects, from the past few years.
- Results Not Found: “An Accurate Representation of Indigenous Women”: Decolonizing Media Portrayals of Indigenous Women
- Various LGBTQ Perspectives: Finding Community in Small Towns and Rural Areas
- ‘Hoped and Wished My Life Would Feel Enchanted’: Queer Worldbuilding within The Little Mermaid
- An Analyzation of Vandana Shiva’s Use of Intersectionality in Ecofeminism
- Girls Don’t Play Chess: Gender Messaging in Elementary School
- Radical Self-Care: A Praxis of Self-Preservation
- #MeToo: Ending R*pe Culture and Victim Blaming
- Organizacion Nacional Indigena de Colombia: Aiding Destabilization of Western and Colonial Hegemonic Colonization in Colombia
- Exploring the Spanish Queer Community and Culture of Queer Self-Expression in Spain: An Analysis, Self-Examination, and Reflection of Growth and Understanding of Queer Identities through a Study Abroad Immersion in Valencia, Spain
- Performance of Gender in Relation to Children
- Analysis of Love, Simon: Homonormativity and Homonationalism in Mainstream Media
- Period Poverty Social Change
- Take Back the Night: Its Impact on Women’s Activism
- Analysis of the International Railroad for Queer Refugees—Middle Eastern LGBT Advocacy Group Based in Canada
- DIY Hormone Therapy Treatment
- Queer YA Literature: Bridge or Gap?
- Patriarchy’s Negative Effects on Women’s Body Image
- The Claustrophobic Fossils
- The Creatures of the Night Kept Hidden from My Therapist
- Where Parasites Reveal the Truth about Love
- Intersectional Feminism and the Queer Experience
- To Be a Black Woman and Activist