Get a better understanding of different cultures while in new surroundings! One of the many opportunities you’ll have at UW-Eau Claire is to travel through our cultural immersion programs. Ranging from a week to semester-long, these faculty-led experiences focus on a variety of interesting topics. No matter which one you decide on, the result is the life-changing perspective you will gain.
UWEC provided experiences that molded me into the person I am today. I was able to be immersed in the Somali culture, work in an inner-city school and develop curriculum that connects cultures and math. These opportunities gave me insight and knowledge of the world, which I wouldn't trade for anything!
Examples of immersion programs
- Embracing the Somali Experience in Midwestern Public Schools (Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Civil Rights Pilgrimage (Alabama, Arkansas, New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Cultural Identity in Louisiana
- Hmong Cultural Practices and Ceremonial Immersion (Fresno, California)
- Globalization in China
- Yosemite National Park: A Sacred Land
- Sports Sciences and Kinesiology in Japan
- Hmong Studies in Thailand
- Social and Environmental Justice Experience to Guatemala
- Women's Lives and Experiences in Nicaragua
- Culture, Society and Economics in Argentina